This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Player versus Monster Player
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Enna AS
Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

re: Ettenmoors Raid

I have posted two events on the calendar for sign up. All are welcome.

The first is an introduction to the Moors on Wednesday night. This will allow you to populate your map, become familiar with the keeps, nicknames/slang used in OOC and to help get rid of the butterflies Happy

The second is a full out kin raid on the Ettenmoors on Saturday night. The objective is to kill creeps, but we may 'flip a keep' as well. Mari or I will be leading this raid and we'll do whatever it takes for us to have fun and kill stuff.

With that said, keep in the mind the following:
1) You'll die. Probably a lot.
2) There is no repair bill in the Ettenmoors - you can die die die and it will cost you nothing
3) Creeps will know your rank - they'll mercilessly target you if you have no rank or a low rank - refer to #1
4) It is important that you listen to your raid leader (it'll be either me or Mari - it'll be easier for Mari because it's tough to lead as a healer). Doing EXACTLY what you're told will ensure survival and generate lots of kills. So follow your raid assist target, don't retreat unless you're told and trait heavy on DPS unless told otherwise.
4) You will have fun Happy

Can't wait to see who signs up/shows up. I'm pretty excited to bring you into a world I've loved for a while.

Trin

Pulled Room = Challenging my kids to know their class ;)
Saelios
Former Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

The intro is too early for me to attend -- I'll still be at work at 4 p.m. EST (3 p.m. CST).

Also, just making sure that you intended those dates: Wednesday the 7th is not this coming Wednesday, but the one following.
Enna AS
Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

Saelios wrote:
The intro is too early for me to attend -- I'll still be at work at 4 p.m. EST (3 p.m. CST).

Also, just making sure that you intended those dates: Wednesday the 7th is not this coming Wednesday, but the one following.

I did intend for the dates. I'm moving house this week and this weekend I'll be unpacking.

So that brings up a pretty valid point about the time. So I'll hold two three hours apart. I'm off that day so that won't be an issue for me.

Trin

Tirione

What min level would you recommend?
Enna AS
Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

Minimum level is 60, but I'd recommend 73-75.

If you're 60-73 don't expect to be kept alive. I'm good, but not that good. Their VT's are one shots that hit for around 3-5k.

Trin

Taisie
Taisie
Officer
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

I can make time for this, I just need to know when the start time is!

Captain-General
Awarded:

Taisie wrote:
I can make time for this, I just need to know when the start time is!

Glad ur coming Happy

Trin

Denegil

Would love to try moors.
Never been.
Should be able to make the earlier tour (around 9pm GMT).
csteelatgburg
Guardsman

Guardsman

This sounds like it will be fun, but I'll be in New Orleans for a week of Hurricane relief starting that Saturday. Here's hoping it goes well and I'll be able to make the next one.
Enna AS
Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

csteelatgburg wrote:
This sounds like it will be fun, but I'll be in New Orleans for a week of Hurricane relief starting that Saturday. Here's hoping it goes well and I'll be able to make the next one.

As interest increases, I'll be posting more of them. I hope all goes well for you and that things are too terrible. Be safe out there!

Trin

Enna AS
Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

For those of you who are wondering how to trait for the Moors, go with your REDLINE traits. You'll want to kick it hard.

I'm not going to get into what classes should trait what. The point of this raid is to have fun. You'll have two very good mini's trying to keep you alive, so you'll need to kill stuff fast.

Any guardians that come should trait that shield thingee ;)

Trin

Taisie
Taisie
Officer
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

Actually, not trying to make trin look bad (don't hurt me!), but you don't want to go straight red line for every class.

Buglers, the mischief trait that gives bonus to enrage, messes up creeps range attacks. Dust in the eyes is nice if it works well on creeps (I don't run much on my burg). If you are not soloing and are in a raid, you'll be much more helpful set to full CC.

Hunters - Having heightened senses at least is pretty much mandatory. If you trait heightened senses, you can track stealthed wargs, and if you continually do it everytime the cooldown is up, well, you just made new best friends!

I don't really have time to give a link to help, but I'm sure if you google it you can find a conversion to what skills do on creeps. Yes, you want dps, but you can have all the dps in the world and it won't make a difference. I've seen a 24 vs 24 raid with lots of dps and it was a stalemate because both sides had massive heals, and both were protecting their healers. So CC and blue line can actually help in a raid.

Soloing, you want full red line. Don't beat me up Trin, just trying to help *ducks*.

Captain-General
Awarded:

It's OK Taisie, this is just a intro for those who haven't come along. I thought during the raid we could discuss what works best for each class, etc. But yeah, there are tons of guides out there that will tell you what the best traits and virtues are for the Moors.

Shield Wall! That's it for the guardian Happy

Anyway, go high morale for traits and remember that the creeps are other people, not an NPC.

Trin

Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

I should be able to come along. I hope I can give specific guidance for any Hunters or Wardens wanting to learn.

Captain-General
Awarded:

Was a great intro day! Thanks to all those who showed up. I hope I did a fair enough job getting all the points across, etc. Can't wait to see you all Saturday!

Trin

p.s. I'll try to do these once a month or so.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Player versus Monster Player All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: