This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Class and Skill Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwo109
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

re: A potpourri of Warden questions...

I've been accumulating a few questions about my lvl 61 warden alt, Atraeyu, as of late. And if my questions have already been answered in some other guide, feel free to link me to it, as I wouldn't want my peppering of questions to inconvenience the wiser wardens here. Happy

1) Is there a basic "gambit rotation" that is usually most effective? If so, how do you differ it from when you're soloing and questing from when your tanking in skirms, instances, and raids? Granted, I'm sure each situation is unique to some degree, so I'm just curious if there's at least a "general foundation" for either scenario (solo vs. group).

2) LI legacies: What are some of the "must have" legacies for our weapons? I've noticed, at least in comparison to my Hunt's legacies, that the warden's seem to be much more skill-specific, for the most part. A few that I thought seemed pretty cool/useful are "increased Warden's Triumph duration", "increased Adroit Maneuver duration", "increased Wages of Fear positional damage", and "increased icpr in Conservation stance". Am I going in the right direction or just completely "off my rocker"?
Also, in the few lotro forum guides I've skimmed through, it seems a lot of players feel any of the "increased threat level" legacies are broken and don't work correctly. Have you come to a similar conclusion?
Lastly, do you advise putting any +stat legacies on your LIs? Which one(s)?

3) Last question, promise . What class traits and Legendary traits do you recommend for soloing? And then what class/leg traits (if any) do you switch out when tanking/raiding/instancing? On a related note, do you find "Defiant Challenge" useful and "worth it"?

Well, sorry for the avalanche of questions, they've just kinda been building up since around lvl 50 for me, haha. And TOTALLY no rush on replying or anything! And no need to tackle them all at once either! I just thought I'd put this out here and let the wisdom of the kin chime in whenever. Thanks!!!
Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

I'll give a quick reply, then expand on it when I am not so crunched on time.

Basic tanking rotation:

Single Target:

Pull with javelin
Piercing blow (for single target tanking)
War Cry
Conviction
Piercing Blow.

Keep you shield up, and keep using Piercing Blow and Conviction. Especially Conviction when kiting.

Multi target tanking:

Pull with javelin
Exaltation of Battle
War Cry
Conviction
Exaltation of battle

Keep EoB up all the time, and War Cry. Get shield up quick, and use conviction to maintain threat, not to generate large amounts.

Legacies: (I'll hit this more later)

Exultation of Battle Threat
War cry Threat
Parry bonus for Wall of Steel
Conviction heal
Wardens Triumph
Conservation bonus

Traits: (more latter as well)

Shield traits for tanking, running conservation, switching to determination for kiting.

I'll be back later to expand of this, for now, sink your teeth into this:

http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com/2011/05/orion-on-warden-potency/

http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com/2011/05/proposed-burglar-and-warden-changes/

Lieutenant

wow!!! Thanks Mari! Lots of info to digest! Thanks again, especially since you're quite busy as of late!
Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

Alright... lets see where I left off.

Legacies:

Along with what I have already mentioned, some good ones to look for are,

(Javelin)
Dark before the Dawn power increase
Restoration Morale Healed
Dance of War Evade Rating
Power Safeguard healing line

(Main Hand)
Mighty Blow Damage
Power Fierce Resolve Gambit Line
Onslaught Damage
Power Attack Gambit Line

(Stat)- in order of importance
Vitality
Might
Agility
Will
These are generally the ones I like to use. I try to reduce power costs where ever possible, and increase power gains. Wardens tend to have power problems.

Class Traits:

I mainly use the Shield trait line for all my soloing and group needs, as I tend to like to pull many mobs at once, so the extra healing is a boon. I use the spear line for skirmishes because I like to get through them quickly. Spear line is quite powerful, and if I could remember the names of all the traits I would love to send them your way, but, alas. I have never found a reason to trait Fist. I use all the mastery traits so I can build gambits quick, and cheap. Unfortunately that leave little space for other traits. I fill it up with all shield traits so I can use the shield line cap-stone trait for Conviction. If I am not using the Conviction cap0stone, I pull one out, and put in a fist trait to get the 4 shield set bonus, and 2 fist bonus.

Sadly, that is all I have time for until I get back this weekend. I'll try to be more specific then. Until later, have fun, and keep trying out new ideas to see what works for you. Because it may be different than what works for me.

Captain-General
Awarded:

I just found this as well...

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?398589-Compilation-of-changes-to-the-Warden.

Enjoy.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Class and Skill Guides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: