This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

re: SLOTRO - on-level gaming

There is also the Halls of Night instance that we can do at Lv40.

Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

re: Evendim and Trollshaws Level by Region

Some people are not sure how to go about levelling from 32 to 40, whether to level up in Evendim first or follow the epic book, etc. I'm putting up a small list here to help you guys out. It's ultimately up to you on how to level up. Just remember to cap at 40!

Evendim (taken from LOTRO Wiki)

Region Level Range
Bullroarer's Sward 30 - 32
Barandalf 31 - 33
Parth Aduial 32 - 34
Tyl Ruinen 33
Tyrn Fornech 35 - 38
Northern Emyn Uial 36 - 38
Southern Emyn Uial 38
Men Erain 37 - 40
Annúminas + Tyl Annûn 38 - 40

Trollshaws

Region Level Range
South Trollshaws 35
North Trollshaws 35
Bruinen Gorges 36
Nan Tornaeth 37
Tâl Bruinen 38
High Moor 39
Rivendell 40
Giant Valley 40

Quest Lines

The Blade That Was Broken (32 - 40): Pick the quest ("A Momentous Decision") up at Aragorn in The Guest Rooms, Rivendell. This quest chain will lead us to the Tomb of Elendil quest instance.

The Trollshaws Quest Chain: Prerequisites to unlocking the final boss fight are to complete all the quest chains in the Trollshaws (excl. North Trollshaws and Giant Valley). Tip: Before starting the Trollshaws quests, make a trip to Rivendell and get a quest ("To The Last Bridge") from Anhebir, which teleports you to South Trollshaws, where you can start your Trollshaws quests.

Epic Volume I Book 4 (37 - 40): Book 4 will take place exclusively in the Trollshaws. It'll have some fellowship quests for us to do.

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

re: Re: Evendim and Trollshaws Level by Region

(From Gold) Epic Volume I Book 4 (37 - 40): Book 4 will take place exclusively in the Trollshaws. It'll have some fellowship quests for us to do.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Book_4_Quests

Here are additional details on the Epic so you can fit it into the quest line: [level] title

[37] Foreword: The Troubles of Rivendell - In Rivendell; Aragorn asks that you speak to Elrond. Aragorn is in the guest quarters in the soutwest of the map

[37] Chapter 1: Where is the Horse and the Rider? - From Elrond. Elrond will send you to his sons in Thorenhad

[38] Chapter 2: The Missing Rider - Fellowship or Solo-only - Elladan and Elrohir send you to Minas Agor in the South Trollshaws

[38] Chapter 3: The Wisdom of Lord Glorfindel - back to Rivendell and southeast of Elrond's Last Homely House you find Glorfindel

[38] Chapter 4: Regaining the Trail - the trail resumes after talking to Elladan in Thorenhad

[39] Chapter 5: Hiding in the Dark - Fellowship or Solo-only - on the trail... the link above gives locations to search around the Trollshaws

[39] Chapter 6: The Knowledge of the Onodrim - Elrond's sons send you on an adventure between the Fords Of Bruinen and Rivendell, south of the road

[40] Chapter 7: The Aid of Mirkwood - the adventure continues with a new elf friend in Rivendel

[40] Chapter 8: The Unmarked Trail - Fellowship or Solo-only - instance with our elf friend

[40] Instance: The Unmarked Trail - Fellowship or Solo-only

[40] Chapter 9: Hasten Their Departure - no spoilers, but don't leave Rivendell without it!

There are some great instances in these regions and hopefully Goldorff or maybe myself will try to feather these into these contents or tables!

Last edited by Ozif on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

re: Some things about SLOTRO

(TL;DR below)

Regarding the epic quest line that Oz listed out for us, I'll like to share something Oz, Pell and I did on Sunday.

1. Our adventure in the North Trollshaws (Lv35 fellowship zone)

We did the North Trollshaws quest line on Sunday - a Guardian, a Warden and a Rune-keeper. North Trollshaws is supposed to be a fellowship area, but with a small fellowship, it went pretty well... at least until we reached the deepest corners of The Wovenvales, where we got ambushed by many elite spiders. I died, not once, not twice, not thrice, but 4 times! I remember we got lazy with killing every spider we see, so we just ran pass as many as we could within the narrow gorges. By the time we reached the Trapdoor Lair (the deepest corner of The Wovenvales), about 20 spiders were chasing behind us, trying to eat our face. Oz and Pell were tanky enough to survive the onslaught but my morale went down so quickly. Putting a morale bubble didn't help as the morale bubble disappeared almost immediately. I was stubborn (and maybe a little complacent) to ask Oz to switch to his tanking line, but he did do that eventually and it went a lot better as the spiders did not actively seek for me. We survived through the disaster and rode back to the Last Bridge to finish the quest line. I wish I took some screenshots to make my post more readable.

I had a lot of fun doing this. I was Lv33 when I did this (leveled up to 34), and with a small fellowship, this was a really great experience. I'll like you guys to at least try out this zone with a small fellowship. I say "small fellowship" because landscape fellowship areas are usually too easy when done in a full fellowship (especially if the fellowship is experienced). Please don't do this region in a raid the first time, like we did back in the Barrow-downs. (We did Barrow-downs back then with a raid, just to finish deeds, level people up quickly to Lv20, etc, and Barrow-downs was completely a solo area with not too much challenge if you solo the landscape area.) And not just with a small fellowship, but try it on-level as well. Speaking of on-level...

2. Don't level up too quickly

By the time I post this, some people would probably already be at Lv40 right now, but for those who are still not, slow down on levelling. Heck, you can even use the Stone of the Tortoise during the level-up phase. I did that during the Lv20 to Lv32 levelling phase, which was why I didn't reach Lv32 by the third week the cap was raised. (Refer to my post above to see what level the different areas in the two regions are at.)

I want to make this a really big point, because after this comes the Lv40 to Lv50 levelling phase, where we'll primarily be doing Angmar quests with fellow SLOTRO members. Angmar is one of those rare moments (or rather the only moment) in LOTRO, where more than half of the quests are fellowship quests - and not just faceroll fellowship quests, but really challenging ones too). Fellowship quests don't just appear in East Angmar. There are many fellowship zones in West Angmar like Dûn Covád and Donnvail at 45. These really won't be that fun to do anymore at Lv50. People probably think the gap between Lv45 and Lv50 is pretty small, but no, it makes a huge difference. Fighting light blue mobs is a completely different thing from fighting white or yellow mobs.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I asked ASF back in December if they are interested in doing low-level content at fixed past level caps - to enjoy every content available to us at low levels, which became pretty much a faceroll / obsolete at endgame (be it non-scalable instances like Angmar, or scalable instances at level cap). I mean, do you ever see Ost Dunhoth or Dol Guldur (for example) being run at 115 T2C? Do other kins ever do these anymore? Now, to the endgamers, only the Mordor instances and, to some extent, the Pelennor and Osgiliath instances are relevant.

This is why I suggested stuff like doing T3 skraids or even trying out the Erebor raids (that seem to scale really badly at lower levels). It's not just the non-scalable instances that I want to do; I want to do every single thing that is available to us at low levels (skirmishes, BB, scalable instances). When Lynx suggested trying out Pelargir one day, I simply commented that it was going to be impossible for us to do as we would die so quickly (because of, once again, bad scaling). Hey, but who knows, we might actually do it since most of us know the mechanics for Pelargir. I was wrong and she was completely right - we should try out everything we have available to us. If doing epic battles is suggested again at Lv40, I'll definitely go for it the next time.

As for the epic story, there are numerous fellowship quests in the whole of Volume I. You will hardly ever see this again in the future - Volume II, partly fellowship. Volume III and IV are almost exclusively solo. I highly recommend from now on to do fellowship epic quests as a group, instead of soloing it. Resist the temptation of completing the epic story with inspired greatness, because there is really no point in soloing the epic quests alone when you have so many kinmates around your level to do them with.

This is SLOTRO - take your time to level.

3. Things that we can do at Lv40 cap (reiterated from Smelly's guide)

Just going to repeat what we can do so far at Lv40 from Smelly's guide (for deeds, for completionists, etc.)

Instances:

Great Barrows

Fornost

Inn of the Forsaken

*Garth Agarwen (Lv32 non-scalable)

Annúminas (available at Lv40)

Halls of Night (available at Lv40)

The Road to Erebor (East Rohan)

Epic Battles (West Rohan / Gondor)

Every other skirmish

* - if anyone needs to run Garth Agarwen, we'll still run them with you if you don't mind a Lv33-Lv40 joining in. Otherwise, some of our fellow kinmates may have Lv32-capped toons. Ask away! (I personally do not have one myself, but I'll see if I can get a warden running to Lv20 or Lv32 soon).

Landscape (Deeds, etc.):

Starter areas - Bree-land, The Shire, Ered-luin

Lone Lands (21-32)

Fellowship zones: Garth Agarwen landscape quests

North Downs (24-30)

Fellowship zones: Nan Wathren (25), Dol Dinen (30)

Evendim (30-40)

Fellowship quest instance: Tomb of Elendil (40) - refer to my previous post on how to unlock the quest line "The Blade That Was Broken"

The Trollshaws (35-40)

Fellowship zones: North Trollshaws (35), Giant Valley (40)

Epic Quests:

Prologue (Elf, Dwarf, Hobbit, Man)

Volume I Book 1: Stirrings in the Darkness (15-21) Bree-land

Volume I Book 2: The Red Maid (22-30) Lone-lands

Volume I Book 3: The Council of the North (30) North Downs

*Volume I Book 4: Chasing Shadows (37-40) The Trollshaws

* - Oz put together a nice list of the quests in Book 4 that we can do (just on the post above) - just in case you deleted the quest accidentally and forgot where you left off the other time.

Bingo Boffin:

To avoid spoiling the storyline for the new players, or existing players who haven't touched the Bingo Boffin quest line in a long time, I won't be listing out anything specific here. To get started, head over to Michel Delving, The Shire, and you can start your adventure with the fellow hobbit right there. Bingo Boffin quests will reward you nice housing items, cosmetic pets, gear (I don't recommend buying these for stats, unless you like the cosmetic outfit). Just remember to stop doing the quests when you see a quest higher than Lv40.

4. To the new players who are interested to join SLOTRO

As Oz and many officers in ASF always promote in the kin, if you're interested to join for SLOTRO, please do so! You're always welcome to join us. We've just increased the cap to Lv40 and we're in the levelling phase (not the cap phase yet, as it would take a few weeks before we reach there). So, take your time to level up!

If you're completely new and haven't created a character for SLOTRO yet, I suppose we're in need of healers (? - need confirmation), since only Bizinga and I are healers (Biz also plays a Guardian, so when he's playing his Guard, I'm the only healer left). We have plenty of captains, enough tanks, and oddly enough, only a few DPSers. Don't let any of that deter you from choosing the class you have decided to play; just take it as a guideline for those who are not sure which class to pick. As for race, just pick any one you like.

We're officially starting at 10:30am and end at 12pm server time (GMT -5) on every Saturday. A lot of us, however, do come online and assemble at 9:30am.

Those of you who read through the whole thing, thank you! Please do advice me on what I should add (esp. in Point 3) if something is lacking.

TL;DR:

1. Do North Trollshaws as a small fellowship on-level (35); it's a lot of fun.

2. Chill out on levelling.

3. Go back to read ALL the stuff we can do at Lv40.

4. Every member of ASF is invited to join us for SLOTRO! 10:30am - 12:00pm server time every Saturday!

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

re: Re: Some things about SLOTRO

Goldorff wrote:

* - Oz put together a nice list of the quests in Book 4 that we can do (just on the post above) - just in case you deleted the quest accidentally and forgot where you left off the other time.

Both the epic quest line and the landscape, the wiki calls out specific points where a small group or fellowship can be done. I'll see about getting those points listed as well, as it would be fun to keep those reserved to run together. This happens very quickly on the epic story line! You'll be prompted by the quest giver if you are a solo or (small) fellowship. If you have that happen, please back out if you want to do fellowship. If you don't see it listed here, please call it out.

And yes, I think the tally says add healers

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Level 32-40 Fellowship Quests

Trollshaws, Giant Valley (level 39)

1. [38] Giant Footprints
2. [39] Down from the Mountains?
3. [39] A Better Sort of Giant
4. [39] Mountain Raiders
5. [40] Scouting the Mountains
*Landscape: [45] Giant Country
*Landscape: [45] Thunder in the Mountains

Evendim: a good number open at level 40

*Instance: [40] The Tomb of Elendil from The Blade that was Broken quest line beginning with [32] A Momentous Decision in Rivendell <- get that going if you haven't already!

Glinghant Set [40] - details maybe later

Ost Elendil Set [40]

Haudh Valandil Set [40]

Finnok
Officer
First Marshal

First Marshal

I have a level 39 RK who I suppose I could start using for SLOTRO.

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Finnok wrote:

I have a level 39 RK who I suppose I could start using for SLOTRO.

That would increase the healing pool!

Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

re: SLOTRO run on 10th March

From what I heard in Ventrilo yesterday, it seems that some people are ready to run the Tomb of Elendil quest instance. We could perhaps do that next week.

Some kinmates aren't too keen to run the Epic Battles at this level - and would prefer to do them when we reach that content (West Rohan). This is understandable. In any case, for the purposes of doing group instances with our SLOTRO group, epic battle jewellery isn't very crucial, since they have very balanced stats (for eg. Vitality = Might for heavy armour classes). When we start doing T2 instances (starting from Lv65 onwards), these jewellery don't make the cut. You need the ones that go to the extreme ends (for eg. Guardians - Vitality >>> Might) and I believe a lot of them are obtained from crafting. In any case, my Guardian is a Lv6 engineer / Lv6 officer - if anyone needs help getting some promotion point boost, let me know!

I think it is generally agreed upon that there isn't too much to do at Lv40. Besides the Tomb of Elendil quest instance, Annúminas instances or even the Halls of Night instance, there really isn't anything new (except maybe T3 skraids and stuff). I'll still like us to hold at Lv40, just so SLOTRO kinmates with alts have time to level them up to 40.

Additional note: I had a discussion with an in-game friend yesterday (I did Fornost with him when we were at 32). He mentioned that he's going to get a group of his kinmates to do lower level content, albeit at Lv50 cap. As our current numbers suggest that we have about 10 to 12 members for SLOTRO at any one point in time, we could perhaps do an inter-kin collaboration (not just with his kin, but also with other kins that hold at Lv50) just so we can do Helegrod Dragon Wing (24-man raid) when we reach Lv50. How does that sound?

Saelios
Former Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

A few people who were doing SLOTRO this week were unclear on the prerequisites for the various group content in Evendim and the Trollshaws, so I thought I'd post a refresher:

EVENDIM

• "The Tomb of Elendil" -- This is a long quest chain that begins with Aragorn in Rivendell.  You can find him in the Guest Rooms (30.7S, 62.W), and he'll give you the opening quest, "A Momentous Decision".  Most of the chain takes place in Evendim, so be sure to start this one and get to the fourth quest, "Calenglad Remained", before you head to that region.
  • "Leaders of the Invasion" Deed -- This is a deed to kill five different "boss" NPCs in the Annúminas landscape.  Four of them are soloable, but the fifth requires at least a small fellowship.  His name is Agarochir.
  • "Leaders of the Invasion" Deed (Advanced) -- These bosses are found in the instances, so do "Leaders of the Invasion" before doing the instances.
  • Annúminas Instances -- There are three Annúminas instances: Glinghant, Haudh Valandil, and Ost Elendil.  As far as I know, there are no prerequisites for these instances other than being level 40.

TROLLSHAWS

• North Trollshaws Quests -- These quests begin with the stable-master in the North Trollshaws.  There is a vector quest called "A Scout in the North Trollshaws", which you get from Rochwen at the Last Bridge.
  • Giant Valley Quests -- Some of the quests in Giant Valley are pop-up quests, but there is a chain that begins near Echad Candelleth with "Giant Footprints".  If you go up the hill a bit from Garbert's Cottage, you will find a large footprint on the ground near (37.3S, 13.9W).  Completing this quest will give you "Down from the Mountains?", which will send you to Giant Valley.
  • Epic Quests -- Volume I, Book 4 contains three (optionally) fellowship quests: chapters 2, 5, and 7.  These can all be done solo, using inspiration; if you don't want to use inspiration, you will need a FULL fellowship.
Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

re: And the Survey Says

Hi,

here are our options:

Saturday afternoons - sometimes we raid here. What time is good for you?
Sunday morning - time?
Sunday afternoon - we've been known to raid here. Time?

Sunday 9PM - Mordor Night
Monday 9PM server/eastern - has been Monday Madness, but we can double the fun
Tuesday 9PM - creep night, but not everyone creeps
Wednesday 9PM - Capped Challenge
Thursday 9PM - usually free, tho some creep
Friday 9PM - it is SpreadSheet Night, but we can double the fun if enough show up

For me:
Saturday Afternoons - occasionally (3-4 hours SLOTRO that morning) <- alternate host needed
Sunday Morning - can't make it <- alternate host needed
Sunday Afternoon - occasionally (usually RL busy) <- alternate host needed

Sunday Night - I like my Mordor <-alternate host
Monday - can do
Tuesday - can do (rare I creep these days)
Wednesday  - can't pass up capped challenge <- alternate host
Thursday - can do
Friday - could, but it's such a smorgasbord of stuff we do then

Thanks,
Oz

Finnok
Officer
First Marshal

First Marshal

On Saturday morning, it sounded like Monday night's going to be the best night for a 2nd SLOTRO run.

I posted this question in the "BABY SLOTRO (The second group)" thread, but I'll repost it here:

I'm a little confused as to the goal of the Monday night SLOTRO group.  Is this:

A) A totally different group from the current group (which is currently capped at 41).  If so, is this group capping at lvl 20 currently?

B) A night to help any lower level characters get through content, so that they can get up to level 41 and join the current group

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Finnok wrote:

On Saturday morning, it sounded like Monday night's going to be the best night for a 2nd SLOTRO run.

I posted this question in the "BABY SLOTRO (The second group)" thread, but I'll repost it here:

I'm a little confused as to the goal of the Monday night SLOTRO group.  Is this:

A) A totally different group from the current group (which is currently capped at 41).  If so, is this group capping at lvl 20 currently?

B) A night to help any lower level characters get through content, so that they can get up to level 41 and join the current group

Hey Finn - it seemed to come together tonight as its own group, though it's too new to tell. another week of publicity will help. Tirswen seems to want to keep people tightly knit to run even landscape together.

I'll get an introduction into the kinmail and see where some stand on the lvl20 vs lvl41 groups. Tonight it seemed to be longer-term players looking to run lower level content. Next week could be different.

Thanks,

Oz

Saelios
Former Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

I. Levels 41-50 Overview

There is a ton of group content in this level range, mostly from level 45 to level 50.  Content will be color-coded as small fellowship, fellowship, or raid.  Please let me know if you can think of any group content from these areas that I haven't listed.

II. Reminders/Preparations

A. Class Books - These became available to purchase from your class trainer at level 39, so be sure to buy them if you haven't already.  Each class has three books, each of which grants a class point when completed.  PLEASE NOTE: The books generally require you to talk to an NPC after acquiring them.  It's only after you talk to the NPC that pages will begin to drop for you, so don't forget that step.  Before going to the new areas, confirm that each corresponding deed in your class deed log now shows a list of eight pages to find, and you're all set.

B. Class Quests - Each class gets its own level 50 class quests (you can pick them up at level 45).  The intro quest gets you to the two main quests, and completing them both gets you a final quest with a reward of a class point.  Each of the two main quests has three stages.  For the first stage, you have to kill a mob somewhere out-of-the-way, and get some drops that will only drop for you personally, while you have the quest.  The second stage requires rare-ish drops from tougher mobs, but anyone can get them, so we have a bunch stored in the ASFBank character, or you can barter for them in a skirmish camp.  The third stage requires two "boss" drops, from bosses in either Urugarth or Carn Dûm.  You can get these from ASFBank or the skirmish camp as well, or you can get them yourself when we run those instances.

C. Crafting Guilds - Once you complete the first part of the Expert crafting tier in a craft, you should become eligible to join a crafting guild.  If you're going to craft with your character, it's definitely worth joining a guild, as they provide a lot of recipes (including all legendary item recipes) that you can't get anywhere else.  In particular, crafting is the only way to make the best crafted relics for legendary items, which are bind-on-acquire.  Once you join, be sure to pick up the recipes for the rep items in your guild, so you can start making those regularly and leveling up in reputation with the guild.

III. Misty Mountains - After the revamp of the Misty Mountains, this zone goes up to level 45, but the associated raid in Helegrod is level 50, so you'll need to go to Angmar and/or Forochel to finish leveling.

Landscape Group Content

A. Giant Halls

A1 - Giant Country (45) - Auto-bestowed when entering the pass of Rakhâs-Bizar

A2 - The Masters of the Mammoth (45) - Bestowed by Golhador in the High Crag

A3 - Thunder in the Mountains (45) - Prerequisites: Giant Country, Scouting the Mountains (end of the Trollshaws chain starting with Giant Footprints)

A4 - Towering Champions (45) - Prerequisites: The Masters of the Mammoth

A5 - Warning: Evil Giants (45) - Prerequisites: Warning: Evil Men, Warning: Evil Dwarves, all from Vighar Roadwalker in the High Crag

Instances

B. Goblin-Town Throne Room - Note that all four quests for this area are acquired OUTSIDE the instance, and can only be received after completing the soloable prerequisites (same prereqs for all four quests)

B1 - A Great Goblin (45) - Prerequisites: Investigating Goblin-Town chain (Goblins at the Gate, Order from the Darkness, Memory of the Wargs, Rumours of the North, Indecipherable)

B2 - Aklash, the Leader of Soldiers (45) - Prerequisites: Investigating Goblin-Town chain (Goblins at the Gate, Order from the Darkness, Memory of the Wargs, Rumours of the North, Indecipherable)

B3 - Rakothúrz and Horm (45) - Prerequisites: Investigating Goblin-Town chain (Goblins at the Gate, Order from the Darkness, Memory of the Wargs, Rumours of the North, Indecipherable)

B4 - The Emissary (45) - Prerequisites: Investigating Goblin-Town chain (Goblins at the Gate, Order from the Darkness, Memory of the Wargs, Rumours of the North, Indecipherable)

C. Helegrod (50) - There are some quests for these instances that are granted inside the instance, but the ones below are found outside.  I'm not confident on the exact dependencies, but according to the wiki, all the quests below have the following shared prerequisites: Stirrings within Helegrod, The Deeds of Durin, In Sight of the Bitter Stair.  The additional prereqs for the first three below quests are all granted by Sigrun in the Bruinen Source North; the prereqs for the last two are granted by Elrond.  Finally, note that the Drake, Giant, and Spider wings are all sized for 12, but the Dragon wing allows 24.

C1 - Raid: A New Queen for Deepest Helegrod (50) - Prerequisites: Ancient Foes of the Spider-Bane

C2 - Raid: Reclaiming Eregion's Gift (50) - Prerequisites: Old Friendships

C3 - Raid: Servants of Angmar (50) - Prerequisites: The Extent of the Threat

C4 - Raid: Storvâgûn the Traitor (50) - Prerequisites: Save Arifael

C5 - Raid: The Corcur of Helegrod (50) - Prerequisites: The Corcur Arise

Epic

D. Volume I, Book 5 - Chapters 5 & 8 can be done in a fellowship, or solo with inspiration.

IV. Western Angmar - Angmar's landscape content is heavy with stuff that requires a group, mostly small fellowship or fellowship.  Very little of this is actually needed to get into other areas, but it's fun to do on level with a group, which is what SLOTRO is for!  I personally tend to do the western half of Angmar (up to the point where you travel to Gabilshathûr), then go to Forochel, then return for the rest of Angmar, so I'm breaking the guide into Western and Eastern sections.

Landscape Group Content

A. The Ram Dúath - These quests all come from the earth-kin village of Lehmä-Koti.  Although they are marked as small fellowship, they are usually soloable.

A1. Stolen Skulls (42)

A2. The Goblins' Treasure (43)

A3. The Far Reaching Hand (42) - Prerequisites: Orcs in the Ram Dúath, Strength of Stone, both granted by Chief Tuokki

A4. Wings of Darkness and Death (42) - Prerequisites: In the Dark Clefts, granted by Chief Tuokki

A5. Mistress of Shadows (42) - Prerequisites: In the Dark Clefts, Wings of Darkness and Death

B. Aughaire

B1. Dark Hunters (44) - Prerequisites: Crannog's Challenge

B2. Bloodwing (44) - Prerequisites: Crannog's Second Challenge

B3. The Ongbúrz and the Iron Crown (43) - Prerequisites: Crannog's Third Challenge

B4. Dark Vengeance (44) - Prerequisites: Crannog's Third Challenge

B5. False Orders (44) - Prerequisites: The Rite of Clúcath

B6. The Lord of the Western Marches (45) - Prerequisites: False Orders

C. Donnvail - All of these quests have the prerequisite The Light of Hope

C1. Muiráthakh, the Silent Judge (44)

C2. The Minions of Muiráthakh (44)

C3. Fûshath the Beast (45)

D. Malenhad

D1. Half-Shell (43)

D2. Swamp-Dweller (44) - Prerequisites: Half-Shell

D3. Ancient Lair (44)

D4. The Blood-Price (44)

D5. The Blood-Bond (44) - Prerequisites: The Blood-Price

D6. Blood-Pact (45) - Prerequisites: The Blood-Bond

Instances

E. The Halls of Night - This instance becomes available at level 40, but must be discovered (at 0.4N, 37.6W) before it can be played.

E1. Family History (40) - This quest is essentially a vector to The Halls of Night.  It is granted by Declan in Aughaire.

Epic

F. Volume I, Book 6 - This book is entirely soloable.  Note that the watching stones that make up the Rammas Deluon (between Malenhad and Duvuinen) can only be passed after completing Book 6, Chapter 6 (although you can be summoned/mustered to the other side).

V. Forochel

Landscape Group Content

A. Quests

A1. The Raven (44)

A2. Driving the Beasts Out (45) - Prerequisites: The Hunt is Afoot

A3. The Longest Fangs (46) - Prerequisites: Another Thin Winter

A4. Wayward Hunter (46)

A5. Arnmórth the Exacting (47) - Prerequisites: The Key to Their Greed

A6. The Root of the Problem (47) - Prerequisites: Not in Hot Water

A7. The Wayward Bull (48) - Prerequisites: Protecting the Herd

A8. Cold as Death (50) - Prerequisites: Exiles of Winter

B. The Battle for Forochel -- Discover the four camps of the Lossoth faction, found scattered around Forochel.  These camps can be "controlled" like the control points in Annúminas, and when they are, two hunters will be present with daily reputation quests.  While the quests themselves are soloable, taking control of the camps can be difficult to do without some help.

VI. Eastern Angmar

Landscape Group Content

A. Gabilshathûr

A1. The Arena of Maethad (47)

A2. Gem-Hunter (47) - Prerequisites: accepted quest The Arena of Maethad

A3. Champion of Maethad (48) - Prerequisites: The Arena of Maethad

A4. Master of Maethad (48) - Prerequisites: Champion of Maethad

A5. A Dire Need (48) - Prerequisites: Desperate Straits

A6. Scaled Menace(48) - Prerequisites: accepted quest A Dire Need

B. The Seven Swords (47) - Prerequisites: There are seven NPCs scattered around southeastern Angmar, and each holds a sword-quest-giving-item you will get when you defeat him.  Collect all seven, turn in the quests to Nethraw, and he will grant you the small fellowship instance quest.

C. Imlad Balchorth

C1. Spirits of Old (47)

C2. Eliminate the Darkwater (48) - Prerequisites: The Highwayman

C3. Múl Kholuim, the Keeper of Books (48) - Prerequisites: The Highwayman

C4. Weapons of the Orcs (48) - Prerequisites: Tools of the Orcs

C5. Gaeruan's Rage (48) - Prerequisites: accepted quest Weapons of the Orcs

C6. Purification of Death (48) - Prerequisites: The Tincture

C7. The Cauldron of Death (49) - Prerequisites: Purification of Death

C8. Banish the Spirits (49)

C9. Discovering the Source (49) - Prerequisites: Foul Waters

C10. Raid: The Master of Imlad Balchorth (49) - Prerequisites: The Cauldron of Death

C11. Cease the Reign (50)

D. Gath Forthnir

D1. Help from the South (49)

D2. Into the Bails (49) - Prerequisites: Sacrifice to the Iron Crown

D3. Stamping Out the Enemy (49)

D4. Cries of the Host (50) - Prerequisites: The Winged Host

D5. Raid: Bogbereth (50) - Prerequisites: Bogbereth's Brood

D6. The Battle for Aughaire (50)

D7. The Battle Before the Rammas Deluon (50)

D8. The Battle of Rhunendin (50)

D9. The Keeper Garthamendir (50) - Prerequisites: Into the Bails

E. Nan Gurth

E1. End the Nightmare (49) - Prerequisites: My Heart's Hope, chain begins with a drop from a Goblin-Town Shadow-Skulker in Minas Maur (Tarnished Bracelet)

E2. Bâlak, Emissary of the White-Hand (50) - Prerequisites: Pledge of the White Hand, begins with drop from Caran, a mob patrolling Himbar

E3. Karstíona, Emissary of the Trév Duvárdain (50) - Prerequisites: Pledge of the Trév Duvárdain, begins with drop from Rós, a mob patrolling Himbar.  You'll have to beat this guy as part of Book 8, Chapter 1, so get the quest before you do that part of the epic.

E4. Laugi Goldentongue, Emissary of the Dourhands (50) - Prerequisites: Pledge of the Dourhands, begins with drop from Górdan, a mob patrolling Himbar.  You'll have to beat this guy as part of Book 8, Chapter 1, so get the quest before you do that part of the epic.

E5. Prakhum, Emissary of the Goblins (50) - Prerequisites: Pledge of the Goblins, begins with drop from Fotath, a mob patrolling Himbar.  You'll have to beat this guy as part of Book 8, Chapter 1, so get the quest before you do that part of the epic.

Instances

F. Urugarth -- Note that Further Upstream has a prerequisite from Imlad Balchorth.  Also note that after completing The Enemy's Arms and Thinning the Horde, the fellowship can stop and port to Gath Forthnir to turn both in.  They can then pick up Ending Terror, and port to Tármunn Súrsa to pick up Skinning the Beasts, before returning to the instance.  This will make it possible to complete all Urugarth quests in a single run through the instance.

F1. The Enemy's Arms (49) - get in Gath Forthnir, turn in at Gath Forthnir

F2. Thinning the Horde (49) - get in Gath Forthnir, turn in at Gath Forthnir

F3. Further Upstream (50) - Prerequisites: Discovering the Source, get in Myrkwyrth

F4. Moving Mountains (50) - get in Tármunn Súrsa

F5. Quenching the Flames (50) - get in Tármunn Súrsa

F6. The Drake-Queen's Brood (50) - get in Tármunn Súrsa

F7. Skinning the Beasts (50) - Prerequisites: The Enemy's Arms, get in Tármunn Súrsa

F8. Ending Terror (50) - Prerequisites: Thinning the Horde, get in Gath Forthnir

G. Carn Dûm -- Note that Queen of the Host has a prerequisite from Gath Forthnir.  Also note that Lord of the Gertheryg and Heart of the Waters have prerequisites in Urugarth, so you should do that instance first.  Finally, after completing Lifting the Yoke (early in the instance), you can return to Tármunn Súrsa, turn in that quest, and pick up The Strongest Back, so you can complete all quests in one run through Carn Dûm.

G1. Queen of the Host (50) - Prerequisite: Cries of the Host, get in Gath Forthnir

G2. Lifting the Yoke (50)

G3. Lord of the Gertheryg (50) - Prerequisite: Moving Mountains (from Urugarth), get in Tármunn Súrsa

G4. Heart of the Waters (50) - Prerequisite: Further Upstream (from Urugarth), get in Gath Forthnir

G5. The Strongest Back (50) - Prerequisite: Lifting the Yoke, get in Tármunn Súrsa

H. Barad Gúlaran - All of these quests become available after you complete Book 9, Chapter 2.  They can all be picked up in Gath Forthnir.

H1. Army of One (50)

H2. Master of Barad Gúlaran (50)

H3. Sheathed in Ancient Iron (50)

H4. Sorceresses of the Black Tower (50)

I. The Rift of Nûrz Ghashu

I1. Into the Rift (50) - Vector quest from Rivendell to the Rift.

I2. Mushroom for Rivendell (50) - Get in Iorelen's Camp.

I3. The Craft of the Enemy (50) - Get in Iorelen's Camp.

I4. The Eldgang (50) - Get in Iorelen's Camp.

I5. Threat of Fire (50) - Get in first Eldgang camp in the Rift.

I6. The Message (50) - Get in first Eldgang camp in the Rift.  This quest must be turned in at the same camp, so remember to go back in after the raid is complete, while you still have the locks.

I7. Aiding the Eldgang (50) - Get in first Eldgang camp in the Rift.

I8. A Villain Unveiled (50) - Get from drop from Thrâng.  Turn in in same room.

I9. An Ancient Threat (50) - Get from second Eldgang camp in the Rift (Thrâng's room).

I10. The Fall of Thaurlach (50) - Get from drop from Thaurlach.

Epic

J. Volume I, Book 7 - Chapter 8 can be done in a fellowship, or solo with inspiration.

K. Volume I, Book 8 - Chapter 1 can be done in a fellowship, and Chapter 5 can be done in a small fellowship, or either can be done solo with inspiration.

VII. Epic Volume I, Books 9-15

A. Book 9 - All solo.

B. Book 10 - Chapter 14 can be done in a small fellowship, or solo with inspiration.

C. Book 11 - Chapters 3, 6, 7, 9, and 10 can be done in a small fellowship, or solo with inspiration.

D. Book 12 - Chapters 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9 can be done in a fellowship, or solo with inspiration.

E. Book 13 - Chapter 6 can be done in a small fellowship, and 9 can be done in a full fellowship, or either can be done solo with inspiration.

F. Book 14 - Chapters 1, 12, and 15 can be done in a fellowship, or solo with inspiration.

G. Book 15 - Chapter 12 can be done in a fellowship, or solo with inspiration.

VIII. Eregion

Landscape Group Content

A. Quests - The first six are all marked as small fellowship, but Leader of the Foul Wood is generally the only one where you really need help on level.  The last three are levels 54, 57, and 60, respectively, and are really a part of the Moria content -- I'm just including them here because you actually get the quests in Eregion.

A1. A Foul Wood (48)

A2. Seeds for the Future (48)

A3. Keepers of the Wood (49) - Prerequisites: A Foul Wood

A4. Leader of the Foul Wood (49) - Prerequisites: Keepers of the Wood

A5. Planting Anew (49) - Prerequisites: Seeds for the Future

A6. Bill's Safe Return (50) - Prerequisites: A Wandering Pony

A7. A Flight of Drakes

A8. The Siege of Barad Morlas

A9. Midnight Raid

Instances -- The library and school become available at level 50.

B. The Library at Tham Mírdain

B1. A Matter of Knowledge

B2. Chieftain Gûrsh

B3. Pillagers of Knowledge

B4. Purging the Overmasters

C. The School at Tham Mírdain

C1. Commander Târsh

C2. Biting the White Hand

C3. Blade of the Dunlending

C4. Musings and Teachings

Epic

D. Volume II, Book 1 -- This book is all soloable, and starts near Echad Dúnann, which is near the end of the area (proceeding in the "canonical" way), but a lot of people like to skip ahead and do this at level 45, as Chapter 9 gives you your first legendary weapon.  Getting it early allows you to level it up while you're doing the other content.

IX. Other

A. Sarnúr - This is a level-50 reputation area in Ered Luin, just to the west of Noglond.  The six associated quests come from the Blue Stone Garrison, located in Thorin's Hall.  Only three of them are group quests, but I'm listing all six so you can make sure you've got them.  Getting kindred-level reputation with Thorin's Hall allows you to buy the Prized Thorin's Halls Goat, which makes life a lot easier in Moria.  PLEASE NOTE: There are two large chunks of this area where the mobs are highly resistant to any melee or ranged damage other than Ancient Dwarf-Make, so make sure you have weapons of that type before you go in -- they can be crafted, or bartered for in a skirmish camp.

A1. Cleanse the Ruins of Sarnúr (50)

A2. Defeat the Cavern Horrors (50)

A3. Dispatch the Snow-Trolls (50)

A4. Gathering Ancient Scrolls (50)

A5. Retrieve Rune-Shards (50)

A6. Rout the Dourhands (50)

B. Barrow Downs Survival skirmish (can also be run as 3-man or 6-man) - This scales like other skirmishes, but it becomes available at level 45.

Last edited by Saelios on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

Saelios, big thank you for this. Very detailed guide!

Some things I want to add:

1) Marching into the Rift

The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu and the eastern half of Nan Gurth are the only landscape areas in LOTRO that are meant to be journeyed as a raid (of 12). There is remotely no other location I can think of that offers such a thing, so I *really* want our SLOTRO group to travel into the Rift on-foot just for fun, even if it takes one whole session to do.

2) Raids

Ok, this is a somewhat important point. At Lv50, we have 3 raids available to us - Helegrod, The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu and Erebor. Right now since we've just increased the level cap, we won't be doing these for some time (maybe in 1 or 2 months?). I have noticed a sharp decrease in attendance for SLOTRO. We only had 5 people present for SLOTRO last Saturday.

Now, if we want to do a raid, we need people to join. The only way I think would work is to plan a raid at least a few weeks beforehand and then people HAVE to RSVP, as to whether they can join, can't join or don't know if they can join so we have a clue on how many people want to join. Otherwise, we might have to 6-man a raid.

3) Osgiliath, Erebor and Fornost (optional)

Many of you don't want to do the later instances at the current level and want to do this when we get to the content, which is understandable. I just want to mention that Osgiliath instances are very hard (EXTREMELY HARD) to do at Lv50 (definitely much harder than Rift) and if anyone is remotely interested to do some challenging stuff, I will join you guys for it. I have already done the Rift raid with Goldorff at Lv40 so I'm up for more difficult stuff as always.

Now, I also mention Erebor and Fornost, because these include T2 difficulty. I'm not sure how doable Osgiliath and Erebor are on T2 at Lv50, but Fornost might be doable as long as we have some nice armour (cannot confirm this as I haven't tried it). FYI if you want to get good Lv50 gear, run the Eregion instances repeatedly and maybe one or two pieces would drop. Crafted armour isn't as good but they have pretty good stats too. As for Rift armour, I would say just get it if you want the cosmetic. Unfortunately for the lower level stuff, many stats are rubbish (eg. Might-based light armour) and you're better off just doing something else to get armour.

4) Legendary Items

I would normally oppose to LIs at Lv50, but if we were to do Osgiliath or Erebor at Lv50, we might need an LI. If you really want to get an LI at 45, I'm fine with that too, unless anyone wants to oppose against this.

5) Epic Quests

I would love everyone to do these with a group. After Volume 1 the only fellowship epic quests appear at the start of Volumes 2 and 4.

6) Addendum to Saelios' guide

I think there are also the Battle of the Rammas Deluon and Battle of Rhunendin, right after the Battle of Aughaire. Pardon me if they're already there.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: