This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

re: BABY SLOTRO (The second group)

RetiredFRB wrote:

ahhhh, Zyula kinda hit 21, you know, get as close to leveling without going over.  that's life!

Yep. We'll live ;)

Saelios
Former Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

The Monday SLOTRO group has been in limbo for the last few weeks, but let's try to get back to a normal cadence tomorrow (6/4).  We'll convene at 8:30 p.m. EDT (server time).  If you still have any of the level 20ish content (Great Barrow, Vol. I/Book 2) to complete, we'll try to help you get through it.  If everyone in the Monday group has done that, we'll move on to Lone-Lands/North Downs content, including Inn of the Forsaken, Garth Agarwen, Dol Dínen, Fornost, or any of the Book 2 or Book 3 epic quests you'd like to run as a group.

More generally, I'll be taking over leadership of the Monday group until further notice.  Our focus (in decreasing order of priority) will be:

1. Non-scaling group content like Garth Agarwen and Dol Dínen.

2. Epic quests with group options, like Othrongroth and Weathertop.

3. Scaling group content like the Great Barrow, Fornost, The Road to Erebor, or skirmishes.

4. Soloable group content that's just more agreeable with a group (looking ahead to things like Goblin-Town in the Misty Mountains, or the Circle of Despair in Angmar).

5. If we're desperate, slayer deeds.

6. If we're REALLY desperate, technically doable stuff that doesn't actually show up in the normal quest line until later, like epic battles.

So that's the update!  If you haven't already, feel free to start working your way up to level 32, completing the content in the Lone-Lands and the North Downs.  If you haven't been involved in SLOTRO but would like to join, you can either (a) catch up to the Monday group, or (b) catch up to the Saturday group, which generally meets between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. EDT and goes until noon, and is currently at level 50, getting close to Urugarth and Carn Dûm.  If you'd like to join and you have a character who's a bit HIGHER than one of the two groups, then please go ahead and spring for a Stone of the Tortoise (experience disabler from the store), and talk to me for the Monday group, or Oz for the Saturday group.  We'll find a way to get you worked into the action.

Finally, if you're already in the Monday group, or you plan to start joining us, please send an in-game mail to Parnon (alt of Saelios), so I can track who wants to come along, and be sure to send the appropriate people a tell at game time (as some are on non-kin toons).

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Saelios wrote:

...if you're already in the Monday group, or you plan to start joining us, please send an in-game mail to Parnon (alt of Saelios), so I can track who wants to come along, and be sure to send the appropriate people a tell at game time (as some are on non-kin toons).

Thanks for stepping up, Ev! I'll join as often as possible though my evenings are unpredictable. I'll probably stage a set of alts at key levels just to help out as I'm not sure my bandwidth will allow fully leveling another character. I assume the stops will be 32, 40 and 50 - following what's been done in the other group? 

-Oz

Saelios
Former Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

Hi, just a reminder that we're hoping to do Goblin-Town this Monday: first the public dungeon and quests, then the 3-man instance Goblin-Town Throne Room (as opposed to the Erebor instance Seat of the Great Goblin).  Ideally, you will have progressed far enough in the Trollshaws and Misty Mountains to have the following quests:

• A Missing Scout - picked up from Glóin, outside the front gate of Goblin-Town
  • Down, Down to Goblin-Town - picked up from Nogmeldir at Vindurhal, after completing the four Dire Pack quests, also from Nogmeldir: Glorwen's Fate, Against the Pack, Way of the Pack, Blackfang
  • Order from the Darkness - picked up from Glóin after completing Goblins at the Gate, also from Glóin, which can be completed in the area just outside Goblin-Town
  • The Undiscovered Path - picked up from Bilbo in Rivendell, this is the fourth of the Dim Memories of the Dark quests, also from Bilbo: Passage to Darkness, My Dwarf Friends, and Preparing for the Dark

If you want to do (and get credit for) the Goblin-Town quests, try to get to this point over the weekend.  If you don't care about getting credit for the quests, you can still come along to kill stuff and see the sights.  Note that Goblin-Town is actually a soloable instance, but a lot of people like to have a group for it, so that's what we're doing.

Elaelin

Is there any chance folks would like to quest together on Monday nights as part of this group?  I know the solo stuff is doable solo, but I am finding it difficult to keep up with the group and I am not even close to level 50.  I like playing the level cap toons also.  I don't think it would slow us down that much to set aside some Mondays for quests.  We did that once in North Downs and it was fun for me.  Just a suggestion to see if anyone else wants to just do stuff together even if it is easy enough to do alone. 

Finnok
Officer
First Marshal

First Marshal

Elaelin wrote:

Is there any chance folks would like to quest together on Monday nights as part of this group?  I know the solo stuff is doable solo, but I am finding it difficult to keep up with the group and I am not even close to level 50.  I like playing the level cap toons also.  I don't think it would slow us down that much to set aside some Mondays for quests.  We did that once in North Downs and it was fun for me.  Just a suggestion to see if anyone else wants to just do stuff together even if it is easy enough to do alone. 

I quest alone . . .

Yeah, with nobody else . . .

Y'know, when I quest alone . . .  I prefer to be by myself . . .

Sorry, George Thorogood flashback . . . 

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Hi,

just FYI if you're interested in joining one of the SLOTRO teams - the level 50 group for this thread is stopping before v1, bk 10 chap 14, a fellowship encounter in the epic story line.

We are meeting 8:30 pm eastern/server every Monday and if you're reasonably near level 50, say 50 +/-5 levels or so, please join us to run the group content in Angmar, Evendim and soon, Eregion.

The Rift is funner with friends!

Oz

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: