This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Resolina
Sergeant of the Guard

Sergeant of the Guard

re: North Mirkwood

The new quest pack might cause some issues for people. I've included a guide that might answer all your questions: North Mirkwood

Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

This is awesome. Thanks Res!

First Marshal

Thanks Res! This is all some super great stuff!

A couple thoughts:

1. Why should the travel skills only require Acquaintance Standing? There's no travel skill in the game that you can get at that low of a standing. Usually it's Friend for Hunters and Wardens, and Kindred for everyone else.

2. I've only found 3 dailies - two in the Dale Keep and one from Thranduil.  Have you found anymore?  I heard mention that some are locked away behind rep gates (like Central Gondor), and that some were removed from this release due to bugs.

3. I thought the map in the forest was off on purpose!  Lore-wise, it's not supposed to be easy to find or stay on the Forest Path!  I like how the map is off - makes it seem more realistic.  Makes you excited when you do actually find the path!

Resolina
Sergeant of the Guard

Sergeant of the Guard

1. SSG never admits an error with the travel skill requirement. Yet, someone pointed out that at the top while searching for categories, it does say Travel Skill -- Acquaintance. I can't say for sure one way or another until they fix it.

2. The dailies seem to be on a rotation. They are adding more data to the wiki quest page. It seems to be on a 3-day rotation. You will notice Day One, Day Two, Day Three with a listing of 8 separate quests (This might be because they have currently disabled some until the next patch). Whether or not they are rep gated, I don't know. I did maybe one quest before hearing from world chat that "they were broken".

3. I would agree except it is also off at Erebor, Dale, and Lake-town as well. At least the quest focus still accurately shows you where to go.

Finnok
Officer
First Marshal

First Marshal

One more thing.  I think this release has some of the best environments since Moria.  It's perfect!

Mirkwood Forest - It's dark and depressing.  It's really hard to stay on the path.  The water makes you fall asleep (this is cool, although gets old fast).

Raft-Elves - Wow!  This place was unexpected!  Where the elves gather together all the barrels and ship them off to Lake Town.

Old Esgaroth - The old, burned out Lake Town

Lake-Town - The new Lake Town.  So much fun to wander around this place!  Felt like I was in the Hobbit movies, with all the bridges, etc.

Dale - Gorgeous town, especially from a distance at night, with all the lights

Erebor - As if the inside wasn't awesome enough - the outside of it and the steps up to it were just awesome

I just felt really immersed in the atmosphere of this region, so it follows that SSG did a great job with it!

Love it!

-Finnok

Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

I so want this semester to end so I can play it!!

Master-at-Arms

The maps in Eastern Rohan don't match all of the roads, either. I discovered that the hard way once when I was trying to look at a window and still ride... 

I'm willing to bet the map discrepancy is in a number of places in-world.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: