This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merowin
Third Marshal

Third Marshal

Awarded:

re: T2 Mitigation Penetration

I only just became aware of this post on the main forums https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?571732-Hidden-Mitigation-caps. Apparently all enemies in T2 instances have a hidden 6750 mitigation penetration. This means that the mitigation that is used to calculate the damage you take is 6750 lower than the value displayed in your character sheet. You therefore have to be 6750 above cap to take the least damage.

Directly copied from the forum thread the effective caps are therefore:

Light: 19250
Medium: 25500
Heavy: 23408

Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

DNA and I tested this yesterday by getting killed on the first pull of Iobars (for tactical) and Ruined City (physical), both T2, and came to the conclusion that it is in fact true. We saw at the average damage rate against us drop at least 1000 when we were over capped to the new "cap" then when we were just at normal cap. However I didn't notice a big drop in overall damage per second. I thought it was odd that the overall average less but DPS only slightly less. My mini is now at the new "cap", I'll be working on the other soon. While my mini is only at 22ishK morale I think the mits make up for it. (He still has crappy jewelry though.)

Third Marshal

Awarded:

I think the best measure would be the critical damage of a specific attack, since that will have no variation. Looking at the overall damage per second is somewhat uncertain unless it's a long fight.

Merowin
Third Marshal

Third Marshal

Awarded:

I did a test against the first two brawlers in Iobar's Peak T2 level 100, looking at the damage I took from critical hits.

23,911 Physcial Mitigation (Capped at 61% according to character sheet)

22,808 Tactical Mitigation (Capped at 60% according to character sheet)

Weak Melee Attack (Common Damage): 646

Moderate Melee Attack (Frost Damage): 850

Minor Melee Attack (Frost Damage): 850

22,614 Physcial Mitigation (Capped at 61% according to character sheet)

17,709 Tactical Mitigation (Capped at 60% according to character sheet)

Weak Melee Attack (Common Damage): 669

Moderate Melee Attack (Frost Damage): 1072

Minor Melee Attack (Frost Damage): 1072

I took 26% more damage from tactical attacks with a mitigation value of 17,709 even though my character sheet still showed me at cap.

Conclusion: You want to be 6750 above cap to actually be at the cap in a T2 instance.

Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

My warden is now up to the recommended mit cap. I realized I would be giving too much up on my hunter to make the change on him until I can get the newer gear. He has survived thus far and I am sure he'll be fine in the coming attempts.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: