This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Other Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Merowin
Third Marshal

Third Marshal

Awarded:

re: Plugins (of the week?)

Have you tried Buffbars, Taisie? I think that can do exactly what you're looking for (among a lot of other things).
Golbo
Golbo
First Marshal

First Marshal
Awarded:

That's what I use as well. There's a learning curve, but you can save profiles and customize it pretty extensively.
Taisie
Taisie
Officer
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

I don't know who owns it, I use the plugin compendium so I don't see the names.

I use Palantir for accessing pots.
You get a heads up display on screen showing morale and power along with 4 debuff indicators which you can attach pot to.
groucho42

Tried plugins when they first came out, it was ugly and I've avoided them. Now I've decided to give it another chance. Here are a few questions.

Downloaded the Compendium and see both Palantir and Palantir II. I don't see an explanation on the interface site and they're by two different people. Which to use?

The FAQ says we have to load each plugin separately each time we start the client. Any shortcuts out there?

Anything else of interest since the last post almost a year ago?

thanx!

Bahtring Rahm, guard

Balagan, burglar

Cuisanart, champion

JeffreyT Spalding, captain

QuincyAdams Wagstaff, LM

Rapakivi, Rune-Keeper

RufusT Firefly, Warden

Whyanochickens, hunter frozen at 65
groucho42

Oh, almost forgot another question.

I'd tried "horsey" when plugins first came out. Compendium shows two lines "Horsey4Other (Unmanaged)" and "Horsey4Pets (Unmanageed)". They're greyed out and I can't remove them. They're also by Rushl, with Horsey still showing as managed. Anyone know if they're just along for the ride with horsey or if I have to clean up something?

Bahtring Rahm, guard

Balagan, burglar

Cuisanart, champion

JeffreyT Spalding, captain

QuincyAdams Wagstaff, LM

Rapakivi, Rune-Keeper

RufusT Firefly, Warden

Whyanochickens, hunter frozen at 65
Golbo
Golbo
First Marshal

First Marshal
Awarded:

I've not used the Compendium, so I don't know how that works. I've always managed my plugins myself, and LOTRO has made some accommodations as well to make it doable.

Palantir was originally created by Digital_Utopia, but is no longer being maintained. If you use this plugin, you'll see that the newer potions that used to show up as a number count on the HUD do not register with the current potions that level 85 characters use.

Palantir II is the newer application that was revived by Snoopy 81. I've not used it yet, but it seems to have some exciting features, so I'll be trying it out this week.

As for shortcuts, there is on our character splash screen a button that reads "plugins" or "addons" or some such, and you can check individual boxes to have your selected available plugins load automatically as each character logs in. Sometimes, this doesn't work will with the plugin itself (I had problems with TonicBars and this feature for instance) so for me the workaround is to have a macro handy to type the text "/plugins load tonicbars [return]", so when I hit the key, that all gets instantly typed in-game and TonicBars spings to life. One more step, but a decent workaround. I imagine you could make an in-game alias and hotkey it (remember the /slap function for NCF?).

As for the horsey! application, reading the release notes indicates that those two are there, (and apparently they're "bonus," along for the ride so you don't have to clean anything up), but they may not be recognized by Compendium, or they're missing code or some file, or Dhor's Patch (if you loaded that up) has neutered them...or something like that...
Taisie
Taisie
Officer
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

Compendium is awesome, and it updates everytime you load it. I have no idea what plugin you are speaking of, but if you are talking the mount carousel and the pet carousel, you have to go to the plugin website and follow directions. Let me know in game if you need help, I honestly don't like the mount carousel, but the pet one is a god send, so many LM pets, I wish he would update it with non-combat pets.

I've avoided Lua and Plantir plugins because I make computers harder for myself then they are, so if they're complicated and confusing, it won't work.

Sergeant-at-Arms

re: Currently use

I use the Pvmp+ plugin and it is great.  Shows % towards next level , last 5 kills, etc.  Now just trying to figure out the music one.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Other Guides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: