This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Crafting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainbowdoddle
First Officer
High Warden

High Warden

re: How to Level Legendary Items

Read this last month in Beckett Massive Online Gamer about how the item experience is shared per item. This was prior to last upgrade but I don't think it has changed (apart from slots 7 & 8 that can be purchased from the LOTRO Store). Thought the info might be useful to anyone just starting their LI builds.

This grid is based on an item xp gain of 100 for a mob kill (sorry about the dots but the editor wanted to get rid on my grid spacing).

.....# of LIs .... LI XP for each ..... Total LI XP
......... 1 ........ 100% ................. 100%
......... 2 .......... 60% ................. 120%
......... 3 .......... 48% ................. 144%
......... 4 .......... 40% ................. 160%
......... 5 .......... 36% ................. 180%
......... 6 .......... 36% ................. 216%

So if you have 6 Legendary Items slotted and you kill a mob for 200 Level XP (and therefore 100 Item XP) you will gain a total of 216 Item XP spread over the 6 items. If you then only want to level 2 items (those equipped) and have nothing else slotted in your bag you will gain 60 per kill as opposed to 36 per kill. It would level up your weapons etc quicker but at the expense of also leveling trash LIs for their shards, relics and xp runes, and of course any items that you deconstructed at level 31 or more will also allow you to remove a legacy scroll so you can totally customise your Legendary Items.

The article went on to briefly discuss the Lucky Horseshoe pocket item that is a quest reward in Vol III Book 2. It stated :-

" When equipped it does .... nothing. Nothing, that is, except give your character a buff that says it "brings good fortune". Exactly what that means is a hotly debated topic in the LOTRO community, but some people believe that it increases the chance of a critical success when combining relics or gives better results when deconstructing an LI. Turbine has confirmed that the Horseshoe does something in-game, but prying the secret from their lips has proven tougher than getting a straight answer from Gandalf."

For those of you who do not know of or read this magazine it probably has 2 - 4 pages an issue (every 2 months) on LOTRO and is always interesting. It covers many MMOs and some non-MMO games. As you would imagine it has a greater coverage on WOW but this is balanced with articles on all other games and I consider it an interesting read.

First Marshal

First Marshal
Awarded:

Yeah, I've read Beckett a couple of times and it's a fun read, not only for LOTRO and general news, but checking out what's going on with other games as well.

Thanks for the breakdown!
Amalthalion
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

OK just some extra's to add to this.

Updated Table with 7th and 8th Legendary Item

.....# of LIs .... LI XP for each ..... Total LI XP
......... 1 ........ 100% ................. 100%
......... 2 .......... 60% ................. 120%
......... 3 .......... 48% ................. 144%
......... 4 .......... 40% ................. 160%
......... 5 .......... 36% ................. 180%
......... 6 .......... 36% ................. 216%
......... 7 .......... 36% ................. 252%
......... 8 .......... 36% ................. 288%

Legendary Items that are maxed in level DO NOT COUNT towards the number of Items you have gaining experence. Nor do Items that have had their leveling turned off. I.E. if you have 6 LI's slotted but 2 are maxed (or leveling disabled) then use the '4' row in the above table.

If you are trying to build up a good supply of Relic's to get better and higher level ones then ALWAYS have all your slots filled with LI's and take them as high as you can (minimum level 30 so you can extract a Legacy when you deconstruct it). The higher you take it the more and better relics it breaks down to. Immediately take the Item XP token that you also get and apply it to a replacement throw away LI and then continue leveling that will you max it and then tear it appart and start a replacement.

The cool thing is that there are plenty of high level quest that give item XP so getting weapon to level 40+ is very quick.

Hope this helps.
rolandarcturus
High Warden

High Warden
Awarded:

Good info. I would also add that unless you absolutely need the money, the tasks can generate a fair amount of IXP in a short turn around.

Lieutenant
Awarded:

re: re: How to Level Legendary Items

Further to the above information.

I saw in a recent update that they have improved the level of relics received when you decon at level 60. I have tried this on a few occassions now and can confirm they are better, although it seemed event better before update 6 so I think they may have pegged it back a little since they first did it.
rolandarcturus
High Warden

High Warden
Awarded:

That may be true, but I'm noticing now that when you combine the relics at the lower tiers there seem to be more relics given over all. The vast majority of the time it has become a combine 5, get 2 of the next tier with a chance of a crit that generates many more.

I know this is likely speculation, but it also seems almost like they gave a magnitude to the crits in the relic panel. I've been doing a lot of deconning lately, mostly with fully leveled legendaries, and it at least fees like there are now 2 or 3 different crit magnitudes. Basic which gives 2 relics and a random amount of shards, medium which gives 2-4 relics and enhanced amount of shards and potentially a relic of the next tier up, and devastating which gives all of the previous in multiples. Can anyone confirm this from their own gaming?

i've read that magazine before and it is a awesome read, and yea i have heard of that horseshoe and that no one really knows what it does at all, would be intresting to get one eventually at high level and mess with it

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Crafting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: