This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Class and Skill Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merowin
Third Marshal

Third Marshal

Awarded:

re: Minstrel Healing Rotations

A quick guide on minstrel healing rotations. My healing rotation on Tawin is using the following base rotation (the numbers in parenthesis are time in seconds):

Major Ballad (1.5)
Perfect Ballad (1.5)
Major Ballad (1.5)
Anthem of Composure (1.5*)
Coda of Vigour (1.5)

I tier up my ballads with major-perfect-major. The Major Ballad has the highest healing output, but to use three Major Ballads I would have to wait twice for the one second cooldown of the Major Ballad, using major-perfect-major avoids that. The Perfect Ballad is a potential problem since it is an attack and will hit whatever your target has targeted "Who broke that mez!". Use with caution. You also have to face the target you are attacking to use a Perfect Ballad.

The base rotation end with Anthem of Composure and Coda of Vigor to get the must have power regeneration. The power regeneration last for 20 seconds, I am therefore looking for a rotation lasting about the same amount of time. That should keep me from running low on power, even if I am healing non-stop for several minutes. Since the base rotation is only 7.5 seconds long I have room to add stuff. The first thing to add is Anthem of the Third Age, which in Melody stance (no stance) gives a 10% outgoing healing modifier, -25% to all skill inductions and a free bolster courage without induction after Coda of Vigor. If you prefer to heal in Harmony stance for the group heals, your rotation would likely end up slightly different. I now have the following rotation:

Major Ballad (1.5)
Perfect Ballad (1.5)
Major Ballad (1.5)
Anthem of the 3rd Age (1.5*)
Bolster Courage (2.0, no induction)
Coda of Vigour (1.5)

I have a 10 second anthem cooldown so I need a few more heals in between the two anthems. A bit of group healing is always nice so I have added Inspire Fellows and Bolster Courage. Inspire Fellows has a 5 second cooldown, which lets me squeeze in another Inspire Fellows after the Anthem of Composure:

Major Ballad (1.5)
Perfect Ballad (1.5)
Major Ballad (1.5)
Inspire Fellows (3.88)
Bolster Courage (3.88)
Inspire Fellows (3.88)
Coda of Vigour (1.5)

I now have a total of 9.76 seconds between the two anthems, almost a perfect match with the 10 second cooldown. I also have 5.38 seconds between the two Inspire Fellows, again a perfect match with the 5 second cooldown. And the full rotation is 22.64 seconds, again a perfect match with the 20 second duration of the power regeneration.

Now I’m only missing Chord of Salvation and Soliloquy of Spirit the two immediate skills. Chord of Salvation adds a 20 second heal over time to the fellowship, which matches the length of the rotation perfectly. Chord of Salvation has a 3 second animation and Soliloquy 2 seconds. I use both after the first Inspire Fellows, which has an animation of 2 seconds, but due to the cooldown I can only use Soliloquy of Spirit every second time. The rotation will be one second longer when Soliloquy of Spirit is on cooldown:

Major Ballad (1.5)
Perfect Ballad (1.5)
Major Ballad (1.5)
Inspire Fellows (3.88)
Chord of Salvation (0.0, immediate)
Soliloquy of Spirit (0.0, immediate)
Bolster Courage (3.88)
Inspire Fellows (3.88)
Coda of Vigour (1.5)

This is my basic healing rotation on Tawin. I have the skills set up on a quickbar in order. The quickbar is vertical and positioned next to the raid/fellowship panel to make it easier to target different fellowship members while going through the rotation.

For single-target healing, the two inspire Fellows could be replaced by Bolster Courage (or two Raise the Spirit). If necessary the inductionless Bolster Courage could also be used earlier if I need immediate healing. The same is true for the Chord of Salvation-Soliloquy of Spirit combo. If you have Raise the Spirit traited then Raise the Spirit-Chord of Salvation-Soliloquy of Spirit is a good sequence for some quick healing. When I start a fight I tend to go straight from the ballads into Anthem of Composure and Coda of Vigor to get the power regeneration up and running as early as possible.
Plaidflower
Third Marshal

Third Marshal

Wow. Thanks Mero!
:-)
Caytlyn Rose
Esquire

Esquire

Awesome! I'll have to sticky this to one of my monitors and memorise it.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Class and Skill Guides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: