This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Kinship Trades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finnok
Officer
First Marshal

First Marshal

re: Crafting Repository

Does ASFBank only take class items? Or does it take crafting ingredients as well?

I was wondering if we could have a kin repository for crafting ingredients that we all get as drops (hides, all scholar stuff, and jewels). Then as we're all questing, if we're about to sell some of this stuff, we could send it to this repo instead. Not sure how big the inbox for this repo would be, but I bet it would get big (not with just the ingredients, but with requests for them too), and have to be cleared out pretty often.

Maybe it would be too much of a pain to maintain, but it sure would be nice when we need it! I suppose you could make a case for wood, ore, and crops, too. There may be some good people to maintain this (like Hemofgar, who's around everyday crafting while he's at work anyway!).

This has probably come up before, and, if so, I am curious as to what the arguments were for/against this.

Thanks!
Golbo
Golbo
First Marshal

First Marshal
Awarded:

The main argument that I've seen when this has come up in the past (and in other games and other guilds/kins/supergroups and such) is: Where do you stop?

There are literally hundreds of items for crafting (not to mention the recipes), and as such, handling the mail and the number of requests, not to mention the storage for the mats themselves, would either not happen because there is no one sending anything -- or more likely, there would be a constant deluge of stuff coming in that would end up not being requested. We're already pretty generous as a kin, and this would be a massive time sink if it were subject to our normal kin mechanics.

Now, what would be cool is just to hold onto your stuff and advertise in-game or on the site when you get a few stacks of what people will like. Just like new member Amrastinuviel has done, you can put it up there with a limit and if no one bites, sell it off. At least you've given others a chance at it.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
rolandarcturus
High Warden

High Warden
Awarded:

The where would you stop question is actually kinda obvious. Only accept certain materials for each craft. Generally the ones that are the biggest pain to get. So for woodworker this would mean Black Ash, Black Ash Heartwood, Lebethron, and maybe Birch. For jeweller this would mean platinum and Khazad copper and a few of the gems. For metalsmith this would be.... well nearly nothing the steels and irons are all really easy to get. Scholars would be the biggest pain to keep mats for, because of just how many of them are hard to get. Keep no more than 2 stacks of each at a time and advertise a no crit items policy. If you have to make the decision between treated and untreated, save the untreated because we can always treat the stuff for the person making the request before it goes out if they need it. Left overs get sold and the money goes to the benefit of the kin.

But that's just my two cents on if it became a reality.

In other news, sending out a BEG request. I need Black Ash wood on Thurilnor. I'll take it any way you can send it. I could also use a stack of exceptional hides just to finish out my mastery of that tier of forester.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Kinship Trades All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: