This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feachador

re: screenshot contest?

I was thinking about how pretty the new zone was, and If I can find a good shot, it might replace my current desktop wallpaper. THAT got me to thinking that it might be fun to have a guild screenshot contest, perhaps on a weekly basis, with ingame rewards. It would encourage people to visit the website, and we'll get pretty pictures to look at.

So, thoughts?

Also appearing as:  Sneedgeed (Disc Priest/Shadow offspec) Cyrassii (Fire Mage) Lindrien (Bear Tank)  Ettienne (Lowbie Hunter)
Golbo
Golbo
First Marshal

First Marshal
Awarded:

Golbo likey!
Kemendin

Sounds like uber fun to me!

Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

I'm for it.

Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

I have tons of landscape screenshots I can post to photobucket and share. I must have like 200 screenshots by now

Yay!

I was thinking a weekly theme kind of thing. Maybe theme by region or zone, or mob, or mood... Lots of possibilities.

So, I guess someone would want to decide 3 things:

First, how do we determine the theme?

Second, how do we determine who wins?

Third, what prizes do we want to give for the winner?

Also appearing as:  Sneedgeed (Disc Priest/Shadow offspec) Cyrassii (Fire Mage) Lindrien (Bear Tank)  Ettienne (Lowbie Hunter)
Enna AS
Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

Go for it!

Contact ASFBank to see what we have in store for prizes.

Whoever is in charge of this can determine theme (or utilize the polling system for options).

Poll voting for winners.

So good luck!

Who is in charge of this again?! ;)

Trin

Pulled Room = Challenging my kids to know their class ;)
Feachador

I can be in charge of it, but I'm not an ossifer, so it might be better if it WERE an ossifer in charge.

I think the best way to handle it is to have a forum post with a note giving the topic, and the time limit. I don't know how to handle voting, really. Assume there's 30 entries a week, can a Poll handle that big of a list?

Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

That is a very generous number of posts. I don't think an officer needs to be in charge. We like to see general membership get involved with things like this. If you wouldn't mind, I am sure most the officers would like to see you run this. (Officers, please send flame mail to my inbox if this offends you wink )

I would suggest that there be posts on a thread displaying all the pictures of the week. On a Monday-Sunday schedule admissions can be made until Thursday night, By Friday afternoon the top 2/3/4 are announced in the thread and are voted on via the thread. We will number each picture and vote that way until Sunday night. Monday morning the previous weeks winner is announced and the submissions for the current week begin. /repeat

Eventually the thread will get bogged down I'm sure so we can split it up by month, (or every two weeks) and send the previous month to the old thread forum. However, so the general kinship can still view the pictures of previous weeks/months, we will keep a gallery that will store only pictures from the picture of the week gig. We would only need to instruct people in the proper manner of submitting pictures this way so that they do end up in the gallery. We could even have a second gallery for winning submissions.

They are all thoughts, feel free to bash mine, while embracing your own.

Captain-General
Awarded:

I agree with Mari. I don't think an officer needs this one. The only thing that you'll need Volo is the prizes and the Bank can send those to you (either weekly or for the month if you have storage - that can be determined later cuz the bank as TONS of storage - lifetime account and purchased space).

If you're happy with the project then I say go for it. Line it out, write it up, post it and let us get busy with it Happy

And a big thank you for providing us with a fun little idea! I really appreciate it.

Trin

Pulled Room = Challenging my kids to know their class ;)
rolandarcturus
High Warden

High Warden
Awarded:

I like this, sounds like fun.

I haven't forgotten about this, I've just been busy with other things. I'll get to it soon. Happy

Golbo
Golbo
First Marshal

First Marshal
Awarded:

No prob and no pressure. I have to start thinking about what to shoot anyway!
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: