This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Player versus Monster Player
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Denegil

re: Ettenmoors Raid

Hi Trin
The tour of the moors was certainly interesting.
Thanks for taking the time to introduce us to the area.
I think I will have to come back for another intro later cause I messed up and missed out on most of the comms this time.
Didn't have voice switched on and was not on raid chat for most of the tour.
What a wally
Can't take these newbies anywhere (me that is)
I found the combat at the end chaotic. I didn't know who I was targetting and when I did find one I kept losing them.
Guess thats the difference between mobs and real opponents.
Totally different game to either solo or fellowing.
Don't know how you can talk, type, move and fight all at the same time envy
You must be some kind of octupus.
Thanks for the experience.
Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

You just hit some of the selling points to the moors. It just takes a bit of practice, and patients while you walk back from the rez circle. One thing that will help you out enormously is to follow your leaders target assist. The way you make progress in a tough fight is to concentrate DPS. The other way is to concentrate DPS on anything attacking your precious healers. Those pesky wargs in particular.

Definitely a different play style.
I hope my earlier post was not taken as critisism cause it was not meant that way. Any comment were aimed at myself as I was just not ready for the differences.
It was a bit difficult to keep track of everything, especially at 11pm during the week. I think I will have to leave most kin play until the weekends unless there are a lot of GMTers around at the same time.
There are a lot more of us than before and that is great.
Anyway I am loving the interaction with kin and can't believe I played for so long before trying it.
Soon to be kin member, no more recruit status Happy
Enna AS
Leader
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

It's really fun for me - the PvMP. It's an element of the game that I need really. I came from EVE Online where I did 100% pvp and that's what I love.

I'm SO sorry that you were unable to hear me through the majority of the travels around the Moors. Just know that I was ONLY populating your map so you'd know where the action was or where your raid leader was telling you to go. The end creep killing was a bonus and wasn't intended to be the focus of our journey that day. Now tomorrow.... that's when we'll focus on that aspect of it.

One thing I have failed to mention is the Open Fellowships. I know Keeblerain is really good about starting those - he is a kinmate and he also loves the Moors. If you open your social panel under the 'Fellowing' tab and look at the bottom you'll see a "Open Fellowing" tab. If you click that you'll see everyone that has started one. Look for someone who is in one of the areas in the Moors and click to JOIN. You'll soon be accepted and then have someone to lead you through the rukus.

If you're truly interested in becoming comfortable in the Moors, join as many of those raids as possible. They will teach you a lot and you won't have to speak at all. In fact, most raid leaders don't want you to talk, just listen and follow directions. This will allow you to focus on getting comfortable with your class, learn the creep classes and what works in killing/avoiding being killed.

You have three kinmates who enjoy the Moors regularly and we are all up for questions about the Moors. They are Keeblerain, Hemofgar and myself. Please don't hesitate to ask anything at all. Remember, I've been out there since 2008 on my burg and later on my mini. I can give you lotsa info if you want it.

Trin

Pulled Room = Challenging my kids to know their class ;)
Pyreal

Thanks for the intro Trin! You did a great job. We took an outpost that I had forgotten existed, so even I learned some new stuff. :D

Looking forward to more of these.

I love the moors more than any other part of this game. I played LOTRO for over a year before I got up the nerve to try out PvMP. Once I did and got used to the dying factor and the bruised ego, it was all up from there.

PvMP suits my personal play style. I work from home and spend a lot of time in game during the day doing crafting, on-and-off questing, etc. I have a pre-teen child that we home school. I like to be available at a moment's notice for both my wife and son. I've determined to never have to say to my family, "I can't help you right now because I'm killing a monster in a game." Regular PVE raiding doesn't suit this lifestyle.

Moors raiding and play in general is absolutely forgiving of coming and going as you please. Nobody gets upset when you AFK in a Moors raid. They just keep moving and killing and dying and you catch up with everyone when you get back. No standing around waiting for people to show up, no waiting for instances to reset, etc. Just full-on when you're ready and break whenever without inconveniencing your raid mates.

I thought that PvMP would require more commitment than regular PVE but it turned out that it's less stressful. Yes there are egos involved and that pushes the drama levels in /OOC up at times but once you get used to it and don't take it too seriously it's all part of the ebb and flow of things out there.

One other mis-conception I had about the Moors is that it was all about 1v1. I have personally never sparred anyone and have no interest in 1v1. I love the chaos of PvMP raids more -- the teamwork involved -- each one using their skills to the max to kill and keep their mates alive. You'll hear some people preening about the superiority of 1v1 playstyle. Don't let it keep you from PvMP. There are all types of players but 1v1ers seem to be the most vocal. And if 1v1 is your thing, come out and preen away. :D

If you identify with any of this, you just might find the life of PvMP right for you as well. Hope to see you out there no matter what your personal play style is. Even if it's just for a few hours a week!

Forum Image
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Player versus Monster Player All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: