This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Player versus Monster Player
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andryth2

re: Monster Player Resources

MONSTER CLASSES AND TACTICS

Blackarrow

* Always pan and scan as you move. Use Camera look as opposed to facing look to scan around you. It's also helpful when you're farming NPCs to make sure no one seeks up behind you. There have been quite a few times where panning with my -Camera- as I ran forward allowed me to catch sight of a Freep running near Parallel to me who didn't notice me, Freeps running off in different directions from me, and avoiding Freep groups and raids.

* Use Terrain to your advantage. There are certain areas on the map that favor BA's. For Example: The open areas between GV and TR. There are rock formations you can climb for better vantage, but that also give you more time to kill someone as they have to run around it to find their way up to you. There are also certain 'cliffs' that you can run along the middle of, but certain places it will force slide you off if you don't stop and change direction slightly. Learn where these are! Someone chasing you who doesn't actually -stop- to turn his facing will slide right off while you can then turn and merrily plunk away at him below you. I've done this quite a few times to shed pursuit, or change vantage and run people off since they have no easy way to get to me.

* Hindering shot is your friend, but it's also your groups. Often times Hindering shot and running ahead or closer to your opponent is way more beneficial to netting a kill then to sit back and send a Strong Pull, Punctured Target, or another Flame shot on them. Halting someone's movement, even for a few seconds can allow your group or allies to catch up and finish them off. Remember that teamwork is more important then getting 1 more kb.

* Don't be afraid to take risks. Sometimes it's worth it to run past a group of Freeps, evasion, and finish off a low health Freep who thinks he is out of range or LoS. I can't count the number of kills I've gotten at EC when a Freep ran back by the NPC tent and thought he was safe - just to have me run into the middle of the camp - evasion and finish him off. Remember Infamy is our XP - a death is worth it if you're going to net the Infamy gain prior. (The amount of Infamy also applies - since someone garnering you low levels obviously isn't worth it). This will take time to gauge when it's worth the cost, but so if you play more cautiously at first there's nothing wrong with that.

* Take your opportunities. You'll probably see a lot of Creeps who like to "turbo" and rush in on a group of Freeps even when they are hiding near NPC support. Use those opportunities to get in closer and plunk away at low health targets, or flame arrow and hindering shot at close range to give your side an advantage. Just remember to pull out before NPCs shed everyone else's aggro - otherwise it's going to hurt. This also applies to Creep rushes. Often times when melee Creeps rush in the Freep focus turns entirely towards them and they start ignoring the BA's. Take advantage of this to move into better position to finish off the people ignoring you.

* Mouse Look > Circle Strafe. You'll find many experienced pvpers do what people call "circle strafing". They move around you to try to get a better vantage or a "back position" to do special moves. You can actually mouse look turn to keep them in your front arc and get off your specials. Even ones with longer induction timers, such as flame shot or Puncture Target. I've finished off a number of people in melee who thought their circle strafing was enough to keep me from busting out arrow specials on them. Really good pvpers however will still manage to mess up your LoS, so don't rely 100% on this.

* Don't get stuck auto attacking. You can actually move right -after- you fire off a special if you time it right. It means you eliminate the couple of seconds you'd normally be stuck in place firing off an auto-attack. It helps to keep you more mobile and keep more or less distance from a target (this is dependent on if you're being chased or you're chasing them).

* Eat Food. We have horrible power regen rates as BA's and food consumption is very important. Eat food and make sure you're under it's affects as often as possible. Going along with this is...

* Break Combat. Try and break combat as often as possible to get the most bang for your buck out of your out of combat regen with food. If you're sitting in the back with no targets, but happened to leave your auto-attack on so that it's spamming 'out of range' messages at you, you're doing yourself a disservice.

* Positioning. Remember that as a ranged class, LoS is -key- for you. Try to make sure you choose spots that can't -easily- be blocked by LoS terrain. Trees, hills, bridge arcs. Or at least positions where you can move fairly quickly to compensate for their use of LoS blocking. i.e. Initiating a fight in the woods near the LC as opposed to bringing them out towards the fork in the road where they have little LoS blocking terrain.

* Don't over extend. It's easy to want to run to the forefront to plink away targets. Just make sure you're not over extending yourself and leaving yourself open to being singled out, mez'd, stunned, mez'd, and gang banged. It happens to all of us from time to time, just don't make it a habit.

* Pick the right targets. Ignore the Guardian. Ignore the Guardian. I know he's up front all alone and looks ripe for killing. Just Ignore the Guardian. Go for softer targets, Minstrels, LMs, Captains. They are the support the Freeps have, and if you don't kill them they will either heal or will cc you every time you -think- you have that guardian down. BA's tend to need to be stingy on power so don't waste it on the wrong target.

* Coordinate fire. Alone we're never going to put out the same DPS a lvl 50 decked out Hunter will. On that note, coordinating fire with other BA's will drop a target fast and hard. If you're in a group or raid pick someone as your ranged lead and assist off of them. Most often in the groups I've run with I assist off Moinuk (Rank 5 BA) or Fellspin (Rank 4 weaver) since Moinuk has solid target acquisition skills, and Fellspin has web and knows when she is going to use it - I don't always. (Use of voicechat makes this a lot easier)

* Use Consumables. Some people may say consumables are a waste. Some people may complain they are to costly to get. Take some time out farm items/cash to sell. HH is a great spot for this. Isen can also net you some good cash. Consumables often mean the difference between life and death. A dead BA means that your side is losing DPS. As much as, death is 'just a run back from the rez circle' not being at the battle site does nothing to contribute to helping your side win. Buy Food + Charms at a -minimum- so that you can counter human burglars, track human minstrels+lms and regen to keep your power and DPS up.

* Set things on Fire. We have a nice DOT (Damage Over Time) fire arrow attack that allows us to not only do some good damage over time, but also make for a great flaming beakon that says... "hey, attack me." There are several targets I find the most fun to set on fire. Burglers so they can't go stealthed, Minstrels with their Lay of the Hammerhand shield activated making for a gradual eating of their power instead of health, and the little lvl 43s and below that think they'll be safe if they just back up a tad.

* Quick Attacks to Interrupt Induction Timers. If several BAs can focus on the same minstrel (those are the best for this example) all those quick attacks interrupt their induction timers on healing and the target tends to go down quicker.

* Distract the Minstrels and Loremasters. When a group of Creeps has picked a target, if the minstrel or loremaster go untouched, that Freep can last waaaaaay too long if not lasting all together. When fire is focused on someone else, it's my job to smack that minstrel and loremaster around enough that they get nervous and have to back off of healing the Creep's target and focus on saving their own life.

Reaver

* Run and Gun. Do not stop moving, ever. Unless your target is rooted or stunned, of course. Then wail away.

* Hit and Run. When the two sides are stalemated, help break the stalemate by running up to someone, hitting them, and running back to your lines. Reavers are very durable. Not Guardian durable but still, it takes a lot to take us down. It's amazing how often a few will follow to be devoured by the Creeps. This might even break the Freep line, causing a total wipe. Hey, it happens!

* Debuff. It's fun to do damage and get more Infamy but it's useful to debuff your target so the other Creeps can have some fun too. Sunder Armor, Dust in the Eyes, and our Slow are those debuffers.

* The Big Finish. Save our 300-400 pt. attack (the one that drains all remaining power) for when the Freep is down to 500-600 Morale. That or use it when out of power (big bang for little cost).

* Don't ever attack a Guardian unless he's getting the beat-down from everybody.

* About traits : I use both the "Health for..." corruption traits. What good is your ability to do damage if you're dead? I had 4,882 morale at rank 2, both corruption traits, and rank 4 passive health. I'm playing with "Damage for Power" now to lessen the hit from "Health for Damage" so I'm only losing 2.5% damage rather than 5% (whoopie) That would bring me down to 320 power (+power boost trait). When I got rank 4 I replaced the power boost trait with the Burning Blades trait. Now I'm down to 311 power ... I think this hurts me more on the PvE side, but I'm not in Ettenmoors for PvE am I? As a reaver, losing power is NOT a big deal. We regen fast enough that it's ok to lose your power. So don't be afraid to use those traits that take away power.

* Your MAIN offensive skills are Hamstring, Devastating Strike, Blinding Dust, Sundering Blow, Disarm... SECONDARY is Sudden Strikes.... TERTIARY is Jagged Cut.
o Main :

-Hamstring: It stacks with the Warg's Crippling Bite. I just realize that this is can be an escape skill, but only on melee opponents. Hamstring and retreat. Taking away your enemy's ability to chase you or run away is important when you're in a group. A slow freep is probably a dead freep.

-Devastating Strike: While this takes away ALL of your power in a way it takes practically NO power. Still usable even if you're at 1 power, I haven't tested it if you can do it with 0 power. Another reason not to be afraid to use -power traits. If you have this skill available it makes your job so much easier as your focus isn't to get your opponent's health to 0 but to 300-500 hp. Once you get the hp to that range use Devastating Strike and BAM! if you hit him he's DEAD. If they have 600 hp left, you can gamble that you can crit, but 300-500 is a good range. My preference is to use Devastating Strike as a killing blow, but you can still use it when they reach 50% but expect to work hard to finish off that last 300 or so hp. It's this period you pray they don't get a heal because you just used up your 90 sec (or 60 sec) skill and they're almost dead. I'd rather pop the skill on them while they still believe they have a chance and then ripping it away from them *evil grin* Now if you had another reaver with you that would increase the window to 500-900 health. 3 or more reavers pretty much guarantees a kill when the freep reaches half health.

-Blinding Dust: give them a 20% chance to miss? 'nuff said. But I only use this when I can get more than one target if it's a group battle or you know it's going to be a prolonged fight with one freep.

-Sundering Blow: Remember the hit you took from the "...for Damage" trait? You get back the damage you lost as long as you keep their armor sundered. Even in PvE, your targets go down a good 15-25% faster. 10 second cooldown... that's nice too.

-Disarm: Champions are the first ones you should think of disarming. Then anyone with a 2-Handed weapon (could be a Captain or a Guardian), then Guardians, Captains... Burgs should technically be the second priority class to disarm but get ready to be disappointed if they evade it. A note on guardians: they can still use their shield as a weapon, so disarming a shield wielding guardian doesn't disarm them 100%. I also use this skill when it's going to be a prolonged battle or to disarm the melee before going after the healers. If you anticipate it going to be a short fight don't use it, the cooldown is 2 minutes. This skill also makes a relatively good escape skill. Saved my life once by disarming the champion on me and getting to safety with about 300 health.
o Secondary :
-Sudden Strikes: After I hamstring and sunder (use blind and/or disarm appropriately) I keep using Sudden Strikes to get them down to my Devastating Strike range. If I already used up Devastating then I just keep using Sudden.
o Tertiary :
-Jagged Cut: Only useful if you have multiple targets in front of you that aren't moving. A lot of times you and your enemy will be moving around which makes this skill hard to make use effectively. To use this on one freep instead of Sudden Strikes you lose about 80 points of damage. I personally can't rely on the trait that gives it a chance to do damage over time, it doesn't happen often enough to depend on. That trait was the first to go when I can pick up the one to reduce the cooldown of Devastating Strike.
o Support :
-Glory in Victory: ALWAYS keep an eye out for this. The longer you live the more you can do. If your group happened to aggro npcs, you could attempt to pull aggro away from the healers or hurt members and kill them quickly to use Glory in Victory then get back to the Freep. On a 2k mob it can take you about 10 seconds to take them down. This stacks with Rallying Howl (rank 5 warg AOE heal over time skill).

* General PvP strategy: Always attack WITH someone. The faster you can get to do your Devastating Strike the better. Actually it's always good to attack with someone no matter what class you are.

* If you just know you're going to die, can't get away because of all of these speed debuffs on you, turn around and fight. Get those Blinds, Hamstrings, Sundering Blows, and Disarms out before you die. Probably in that order. Blind is AOE so at least you can hit more than one.

* Don't just concentrate on doing damage. Every reaver that makes full use of their debuff skills makes the fight easier on everyone.

* If you're chasing a freep ahead of you and there's a freep behind you, slow down a bit to hamstring the one behind you then continue chasing.

Stalker (warg)

* Stealthing is the main ability of a warg, and should be on at all times during a fight. Do not sit near groups of BA's or WL's to keep away from AOE spells. If you have been tracked, you need to move at lest 300 meters away from the hunter that has you on track to break it.

* Another great ability of a warg is to keep spell casters and minstrels quiet during a battle. Even if you do not get to kill the caster, keeping it silenced will allow other groups to kill off his support tropps while he is unable to cast.

* Cripple has 2 main functions. One is the speed debuff, the second is the added chance to repounce and stun the target. During fights with Keep generals, goldhead, golloval, etc, always make sure that there is a cripple debuff on them to get a stun off. A stunned mob cannot fight back.

* Claws, and, in stealth, Bestial claws, are the main damage attack. This attack uses a lot of power, so make sure that you watch your power consumption judiciously. A warg with no power is almost useless.

* Sprinting is one of the ways that a warg can disengage from a battle. Remember, though, that you can be stunned, rooted, and/or dazed while you are sprinting, so when you are going to use sprint, either make sure that you are out of melee range of a stun, or have a potion or 2 that can break you out of a root/stun/mezz. There is nothing worse then using the sprint only to have it ended prematurely by a CC event.

* Savage Fangs has 2 distinctly different uses. One is the basic attack speed debuff. When the target is already crippled, the savage bite will start a bleed effect with about a 35 damage bleed. One thing to remember is, do not bleed a target in a raid UNLESS you can re-cripple it.

* Disappear - This is by far the best escape plan that a warg has. Coupled with sprint, it can be an easy escape, but you must remember that even though you are in stealth, you CAN be hit by any attack that was queued before you hit the dissappear ability, as well as any AOE attacks. Do not expect to use it with 200 morale remaining and survive. It also does not block any AOE CC spells, but will not break stealth for 10 seconds even if damaged.

* Pounce is by far the second best weapon that a warg has. It will make a target defenseless for 5 seconds, with an 8 second immunity following. There are many uses for this skill, all with the same objective - to take the target out of play for a short period. Burglars should NOT be pounced. They have an ability called find footing that allows them a heal, and I believe a 50% evade bonus, if they get stunned in combat. The only time a Burglar should be pounced is when they are at full health, or if they are running from the battle to hold them in place momentarily for the rest of your raid/fellowship to keep attacking. Guardians are another class that should not be pounced much - they have an ability called Turn the Tables, which will stun the player that just stunned them. A good way to get out of this is to pounce from behind, then get out of melee range quickly. Lore Masters have an Anti-Stun buff that they can place on themselves, and others. Look for the bullseye icon under their name plate when you target them to make sure that they are clear, otherwise, you just wasted power for naught.

* Use food at all times. Every 3 minutes you can use food to give yourself better combat regeneration rates. Use the highest level food that you can get for your rank. Also make sure that you have plenty of morale potions available to give the War Leaders a breather every now and then.

* The shadow damage trait that you get at later ranks is a very decent damage upgrade over common damage that you start out with. It is a necessity to give yourself the most burst damage that you can have. Remember, most PC's at lvl 50 will have upwards of 40% common damage mitigation, while their shadow mitigation will be around 25-30%. This means a big difference in damage totals, and gives you the best option to get the kill.

* Grouping : All warg gank fest. A 6 warg team can be quite a killing machine, with communication and knowlege of the class. The best way to utilize this grouping is to pick a target, have one warg pounce, then have the other 5 claw from stealth after, while the first leaves the area, usually taking the attantion of the target's friends while you finish your meal. If the group you are fighting has multiple healers, you can use another warg to pounce and silence a healer to give your group mates a better chance of getting the kill. The best targets for an all warg pack are the Minstrels and Lore Masters.

* Grouping : Two Wargs, two BA's, one weaver and one WL. This is the group set up that I ran most of the time in Closed Beta (when i could find a WL, that is). The WL can also be exchanged with another warg or BA. This group makeup is able to take down almost any target, due to the makeup of all the different class abilities. The way this group works, is the BA will call targets and use a flaming arrow to mark. The wargs will then pounce, claw, (silence,cripple) claw, then leave as the BA Continues using Strong Pull and penetrating shots to take the target down. The weaver will use its root web, and, if possible, their poison bite to hopefully get another stun in. Upon ranking, that root will become upwards of 16 seconds, which is plenty of time for the group to focus all attacks on the target. This is also the best type of group to handle "runners" With the BA's using hinder, the weaver using its root web, and the warg's sprint ability, almost no running target should get away from this group.

Weaver (spider)

* Loremaster draining your power. Do a burrow. It stops it. Loremaster root, you can still burrow. BURROW! Because more often than not, you will be target practice for the hunters..ALL of them. Other thing, if you burrow the root will come off before your minute timer on the burrow is up.

* Delayed poison/latent poison: A spider ability that subracts 483 power from the target, then after 15 seconds causes a 10s stun. Generally people call this out because a 2-5s stun will cause the 10s stun to be ignored due to an immunity flag. Do not stun a target with latent poison The animation is a green skull in front of the target.

* One tip to all spiders: if you use TDS, don't wait until the full minute expires. The freeps around you will expect you to sit it out. I often will pop out maybe 15, 30 seconds into it. Now, 95% of the time I still die, but occasionally the freeps weren't paying attention, or whatever, and the sudden pop out seems to surprise them, and that has saved me. Of course, if you're in the middle of a big battle, it might be worth it to wait and see if a the creeps charge in time to save your butt.

* If a pet is attacking you, and there are friendly NPCs around, don't kill it. Run to the NPCs and use TDS, which will cause the NPCs to attack the pet, which can lead them back to the freeps. This of course also works with wargs who can stealth.

* If you are Lying in Wait for long periods, that is, while waiting to catch freeps in a trap, and your 15 minutes expires, you don't have to just sit on the surface while the cooldown disappears. You can use TDS so that you remain hidden, then when you pop up you can use Lie in Wait again. Burning TDS for this is best used when stealth is of the utmost importance, and sitting around for a minute could be dangerous.

* On guardians and burglars, use Poison Spray as soon as you get close -- taking the time to do this now will make hitting them easier!

* Don't be afraid to get up close to targets! We can do a lot of damage with Piercing Attack, and you can't use it if you're 15 meters away from the target! Of course, try to attack from behind, but a few spiders up close instead of far away will make a big difference.

* Stagger those roots! Be mindful of how long a freep is rooted, and try to start your own root about 1-2 seconds before the first one wears off. As more and more weavers reach rank 4 and have 16 second roots, this becomes more and more important, as hitting a target with a new root will erase the old one, which is not fun if the old one was 8 seconds longer than yours!

* About burglars...make SURE you get a dot on them, it helps to find them again after they have hipsed. Dot then snare, dot then snare ..keep doing that every time you get a refresh on your skills. Only way to defeat a burg that I know of. Usually good if a warg or two are near by as well.

Warleader

* You are great in combat when it comes to being a meat shield and staying alive. Your damage stinks though. There are some traits that you can slot in order to up these (see below), but I recommend grouping with another creep if you want to take less than a minute or two killing a 2k morale mob. Anyway, if you are in a small fellowship fighting NPCs then you are the tank. Be one. Get right up in the face of Galloval, Goldhead, or one of the other hundred mobiles out there and keep an eye on your morale so you can heal up with "Crack the Whip".

* For those long fights where you know you might wind up getting low on power stop using "Cleave" at about 400 power and just focus on healing and shouting. Yeah it will take longer, but you'll end the fight with enough power to heal some more if something turns south (like a big bad freep who was watching from the wings swooping in on your group).

* If you are in a full raid or fighting freeps then stay back and be a healer. Dont' even enter combat if you can help it. Sorry, not many deathblows for you (ALTHOUGH, always try to keep "Intimidating Shout" up towards the end of a fight. It does about 200 damage and crits to near 400. When that freep starts running target him and hit him with it!). In a keep raid a dedicated core of about five warleaders in a raid is worth ten reavers (because you can keep the two or three reavers on their feet five times longer)! In a raid against freeps they are likely to attack you. Dont' take the bait. Heal yourself if you get in trouble and if they rush you then kite them right through your group. Raid with other warleaders so they can keep an eye on you and this common freep tactic will lead to their own downfall.

* Other classes are your friends! Always try to be in a group. Now they might not appreciate you at first, but once a creep has grouped with a warleader they'll be annoyed when they don't have one around. Why? Other classes (except for the reaver) NEED someone else to tank. Weavers are fragile and have bad regen. A single 2k mob can drop them over a third of their morale and then they have to wait for a minute. You just heal it right up. Blackarrows are so-so tankers, but they do twice as much damage from range as they do in melee. Having somebody in front of them taking the hits gives them the chance to plink arrows away. Wargs need tanks because it allows them to do all their fancy tricks and attack from behind which makes their damage go up even more.

* In a raid you need to keep an eye on your critter allies first and foremost. Weavers and Wargs are vital to the fight vs. creeps and also make juicy targets because they tend to take a bit more damage than others. Weavers especially. Keep them healed so they can root and keep the much faster freeps from running. Keep the wargs alive so they can pounce and do the same thing. Don't neglect reavers and blackarrows, but note that they'll typically be secondary targets AND are better armoured and more evasive than our critter buddies.

* Target Forwarding is your friend. Especially in keep takes. Have the CG targeted and always know who is getting hit and needs heals.

* Beware Field Promotion. It seems to me there is about a 2-3 second delay before the bubble takes effect so if you wait too long, it’s a wasted bubble.

* When chasing a freep down, don’t shout until you are on top of them (using your spd boost) and are in melee range. If you are with a reaver, don’t shout until the reaver has caught up and can hinder the freep. If you are with any other class, shout away as they can hinder/root/stun.

* When in a large melee, stay back and watch for those unfortunate creeps who get caught out of position. If you see a line of guardians/champs/and captains making a beeline for the creep, bubble him, heal away, and just imagine the cursing going on in freep vent.

* If you are the only WL in your group there isn't much to do but heal as quickly and efficiently as possible. If there are multiple WL's ask your Raid Leader to move you each into a dif. fellowship and focus on healing that group, until you gain some experience.

* Try to maintain a position where you have line of sight (LOS) with as many of your group as possible while limiting your enemy's LOS to you. The MPs you can't target for heals by selecting their icon are out of range.

* Focus on the MP's that your enemy is focusing on. Your own Morale should be a high priority. You don't have to be at 100%, but if you die so does the MP you're healing, most likely. The MP's running toward you instead of the enemy probably need healing.

* Announce your Rezzes (On Your Feet! skill). Ideally, set up a rotation with the other WL's so nobody wastes theirs. You can rez more than one MP at once so it may be prudent to wait for a couple to fall before burning your rez. (Announcement macro : /shortcut 9 /f Warleader REZZING!!)

* Manage your range when rezzing. Your skill will trigger whether there are corpses in range or not. Make sure you get as many bodies in range as possible. Also, stay as far from the enemy as possible while still being effective. Freshly rezzed MP's are very low on health and make great targets. Follow up with healing. When the MP rezzes, you will lose targeting. Reselect and heal. FP like to pick off your freshly rezzed comrades, esp. Burgs.

* Watch for the retreat. You can't heal and move at the same time, so its not uncommon for you to be a step slower when the call to retreat comes. Again, try to limit enemy LOS to prevent snares and hinders.

* Watch your back. Burglers will try to stealth up to you and riddle you or just kill you outright.

* Build your Resistances. You will be the target of more Snares, Roots, Stuns, and Mezzes then probably anyone else in your group. Spend DP to improve in this area as early and often as you can.

* Just keep your cool, let your group/raid know what you are doing and why, and let it go at that. If you have 3 people in your group at 10% Morale and 1 corpse yelling to be Rezzed you're going to have to make him wait. He may not like it, but that's ok. If you explain why you're waiting most good players will be patient.

* Understand your role in a raid will be thankless. Many players in the raid can be beginners without knowledge of your class, they won't understand your heal is small, they won't understand it takes forever to cast, they won't understand it takes forever to refresh and they won't care that you are healing 24 other people and may have been healing someone else when they died. All they will know is they died because you didn't care to heal them because you don't know how to play your class and do your job...

* Make those health bars all over your screen a bit more manageable. If you use the Ctrl + \ feature, you can move the bars to one area of your screen. I suggest moving them once you have a full raid going so that you can see where each of the fellowship lists will pop up. Staggering them is a great way to go so you are still able to click on each and every bar.

THE ENEMY CLASSES

Presented with the class name with a link to his description, the strenghts of the classes in pvp along with his weaknesses and then the level of threat (high/medium/low) this class represents against creeps, which make it a priority target to defeat.

Burglar

Strengths : Can use stealth, good at soloing a creep or two (CC/stun) and fair damage. Can vanish from a fight.

Weaknesses : DoTs, poison or fire will bring them out of stealth. Can be tracked via Tracking Talismans. Vulnerable to cc (BA root, Spider's Web)

Special :

- A pounce/stun can allow them to get a free heal and +50% evasion.

Level of threat : medium

Captain

Strengths : Buff to party, rez, heals and moderate damage. Last stand and armor makes them hard to defeat.

Weaknesses : Poor ranged damage. Low DPS compared to most other classes. Pets can be used to train NPCs onto them.

Special :

- The Last Stand - When you see a glowing pillar of light around the Captain it means they have activated this ability. This gives them 15s of invulnerability to damage though their morale drops to 1. They can be healed and gain a small health boost when The Last Stand ends. They are still vulnerable to status affects, such as root/snare.

- Able to revive with Escape from Darkness. Watch out for them reviving healers.

Level of threat : medium, high if mainly healing.

Champion

Strengths : high damage.

Weaknesses : Easy to control and slow down.

Special :

- A Champion assist train can be devastating with healer back up.
- Has AOE stun skill. Tend to use it after recovering from a stun+zerg attack and to stun creeps attacking healers.

Level of threat : low

Guardian

Strengths : Very hard to defeat with their defensives skill and armor.

Weaknesses : Very weak on damage, even more if ignored since skills are reactive on attack.

Special :

Level of threat : low

Hunter

Strengths : High ranged damage. Can track beasts (warg and spider). Can vanish with Desperate Flight skill (DF).

Weaknesses : Weaker in melee range. Soft target.

Special :

Level of threat : medium

Lore-master

Strengths : Possess many effective crow control skills. Fair ranged damage. Use of long lasting single target mez, single target stun, AoE Roots, Long 1-2 min debuffs. DoT spells. Can also act as healers and drain power.

Weaknesses : Soft target, vulnerable to root/snare/stun. Pet can be used to train NPCs on them.

Special :

- Do not try to solo these guys. Also suggested that you mass DPS them to take them out of the fight quickly.

Level of threat : high

Minstrel

Strengths : Strong healer, rez and buff party.

Weaknesses : Poor damage and armor.

Special :

- Can solo any Creep class out there through sustained healing. Mass DPS to drop them as fast as possible is what you want.

Level of threat : high

Monster Play Glossary

Burg = Burglar

Burrow : Spiders can burrow in under the ground, burrow can be a reference to both the long term and the short term burrow.

CPT or CAP = Captain

CC : crowd control (stun, daze, mesmerized, rooted)

CG = Captain General, leader of every Freep controlled keep

CHA or CHM or CHP = Champion

Corruption Traits = Traits you never buy unless you're a reaver

Creeps : the monster players

DF: Desperate Flight

DG / DZ = Creep controlled Keep south of Grams. Located in the mountains. This Keep is not capturable by Freeps. There is also a Trainer/Bard located here, but no merchant.

DP : destiny points (monster experience points)

EC : Elf camp to the south of TA

FM = Field Marshall, in every Freep controlled keep defending CGs

Freeps : free people, the non-monster player characters

G / G : Goldhead/Golloval quest run

Goldie = Freep bear ally located just south of Ost and NW of TR past the bears and up a ramp. There is a quest to kill her from an NPC Troll outside of TR.

Goll / Golloval = Freep Eagle ally located west of the Isen main entrance. You can obtain the quest to kill him from the Tyrant inside Isen.

Grams : Gramsfoot, the starting Creep area. This is where you will find the Creep merchant and Trainer/Bard.

GRD = Guardian

Groth / Grom = Goblin village located in the NE icy area of the Map. SE of Isen's Flag on the Map. There is a path from Ost, a Path just south of the main Isen entrance, and a path from Isen that lead to this goblin village. This is a Creep friendly village and can not be captured.

GV : The freeps' starting point located in the South-East part of the map

HH : Hoarhallow, hobbit village located west of the LC in the southern part of the map. Following the river downstream to the SW will lead you there as well. This is a Freep friendly area and can not be captured.

HIPS : Hide in Plain Sight, a skill that lets burglars go into stealth mode even while in combat.

Induction = Casting time of an ability

Infamy = Honor points for Creeps. Also basically their version of xp.

ID / Isen : Isendeep Mine, cave system/keep located in the Frozen/mountain NE of the zone. Holding this opens up extra Quest NPCs. Entrances exist via the NE region, From Grom, and direct the western entrance directly east of Grim the Creep starting area.

LC : Lumber Camp. Located South of TA in the forest. Holding this grants you additional quest NPCs (Grimwood).

LiW: Lie In Wait, a long term spider burrow.

LT = Lieutenant, bunches of them in Freep controlled keeps.

Rank = Creep version of lvl

Rating = Fluctuating PvP rating based on kills/deaths. Ignore it.
Root/web : used as a shortcut to call the spider skill "Snaring web".

LM = Loremaster

Lug : Lugazag, keep closest to Grams located SE of the starting area. Holding this Keep gives you control of the SW Rez circle.

Mapping = Use of a Map to teleport somewhere (think hearthstones but on shorter cooldowns)

MNS or MINS = Minstrel

MP : Monster Play

OC = Orc camp just SW of TA where you can get a Tyrant to help take TA. Ost : Ost Ringdyr, freep controlled Keep on the eastern edge of the map - north of GV. NE of TR. Two ramps lead up to this area and a path from Grom also leads here. This Keep is not capturable.

S.bridge / SB : The southern bridge of TA island.

Spiders = NPC Creep friendly spiders located between LC and HH.

Stairs : Freeps starting homebase in south Coldfells (Glan Vraig).

Stars = If you manage to get a lot of kills without dying eventually you get little stars by your icon. When you target Freeps you may also see them.

Steps : another term for GV, "back away from the steps, don't camp the freeps at the steps".

TA : Tol Ascarnen, keep in the middle of the map. On an island. This is the largest Keep and tends to lend strategical control to the map.

TR : Tirith Rhaw, keep in the NE part of the map. NE of TA. Holding this Keep gives you control of the NE Rez Circle.

WB = Western bridge leading from TA island.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Player versus Monster Player All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: