This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Instance Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troli

re: Halls of Crafting Boss Guide

Halls of Crafting Walkthrough

Boss #1:
When you first enter the room you will see the orc boss walking a tight circle around the pillar in the center of the room. The key to this fight is the colored floor panels. When you enter your group will be in the blue corner with red, yellow and green corners going clockwise around the rest of the room.

--Fight breakdown--
Setup:
Make sure everyone is in the room beyond the wooden barrier. Start by pulling the boss when he is on the blue floor. Be careful to not pull him while he is on the floor dividers.

Rules:
-Each color change will summon 2 adds.
-The boss will stack a special buff every few seconds that he remains on a color.
Blue: +20% ranged damage per buff. He will use a special fire arrow attack even when he is in melee range.
Green: +20% tactical damage per buff. Seems to use a shout attack that benefits from this buff, not as powerful as the blue floor's fire arrow.
Yellow: +20% negate melee,ranged, and tactical damage per buff. Also heals while on this square.
Red: ? Most likely a melee damage buff, but I have never taken the boss to this square.

Troli's tactic:
-The group focuses on killing adds ASAP when doing a color change.
-Keep the boss on the blue square until he gets about 5-6 buffs.
-Move the whole group to the green square, kill adds, dps boss until 5-6 buffs.
-Move group back to blue, kill one add, mez second, kill boss. He should go down by about the time that he gets a 4th buff stacked.

Boss #2:
You will come up to a furnace with the orc boss hovering over his precious treasure chest on the right. The group can enter the left side of the furnace without starting the fight. This is the easiest boss fight in the instance. Just kill the boss like you would any other ugly orc. The only dangerous part here is the fact that you are fighting in a furnace!

--Fight breakdown--
Setup:
Make sure you have wound potions. Get inside the furnace before starting the fight.
Rules:
-The boss will apply a fire wound from time to time on someone in melee range.
-He will also charge up a melee skill on the person with the most threat. If he connects it will stun for around 5 secs or more. This is bad due to the last aspect of this fight...
-The floor sections will light up randomly during the fight. You get a few seconds to move before it flares up. The damage from this is pretty much a guaranteed insta-kill.

Troli's tactic:
Fire=bad, cure fire wounds ASAP. If flames are lighting on your floor panel move to another floor panel right away!(don't try being clever by standing on the dividers) If you cannot interupt the boss when he readies his stun attack, then just walk away. He stays rooted in place and will turn towards you while charging up, but he can't do anything if you get out of range.

Final Boss:
If you survived the four pulls from activating the levers in the final room then you will be ready to face the last boss. He does have what I'll consider a 'hard mode' since you get an extra chest full of runes, relics, and a 2nd age item if you don't fail. The key is to never, ever let a goblin reach him...

--Fight breakdown--
Setup:
There are two doors on each side of the boss as you enter the room. Assign a couple people to be responsible for killing goblins that come out of these doors during the fight. The boss will never leave his position in the room so be ready to run to him when the fight starts.

Rules:
-The stubborn orc will never leave his fancy little spot in the center of the room.
-When the fight starts he screams hard enough to chop 1k-2k health of everyone in the group. Still not sure if this can be avoided.
-He will cast a corruption buff on himself constantly during the fight that will regen his health for 1k per tick. Prevent this or wipe the corruption right away!
-lvl 60 elite goblins w/ about 450 health that walk very slow will start coming out with goodies for the boss.
-If a goblin reaches him, he will gain a buff specific to the door color that the goblin came from.
-To add insult to injury, those ugly buggers will then run off with your future loot.
-From time to time he will do a knockback attack(900ish shadow damage to my guardian) to anyone in range.
-If no one is within melee range he will do a scream attack like the one he uses at the start of the fight that will hit the whole group.

Troli's tactic:
So far I've only ran this guy with one group, but we managed to fend off the gobbies for bonus loot! We had 1 guardian, 2 hunter, 1RK, 1 minstrel, and 1 burglar.
Each hunter was assigned a set of two doors for goblin killing. The guardian, RK, and minstrel remained on the boss the entire fight. The burglar popped a FM just after the first wave of goblins was killed. After that he assisted goblin killing and interupting the boss's casting. The RK and minstrel would wipe corruption any time he was able to cast.
You must kill him fast and keep him from healing. This is because the waves of goblins get larger and larger until it is no longer manageable and you will end up wiping.

UPDATE:
Have the main tank with their back to the chest in the rear of the room. This makes it so they are only knocked back a short distance by the boss and can get back in range before he does a scream that hurts the whole group.

Last edited by Troli on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Captain-General
Awarded:

Wow, Thanks alot for this troli.

First Marshal
Awarded:

Nice! /Stickied.

Calatia

Note: The goblins on the last boss can get aggroed to a person attacking, hence they quit running to the boss/chest. However, they hit hard so if you get lets say 4 from each door for a total of 8, they will insta kill you. But it stops them from reaching the boss.

Where is the .NET paint you promised me!!!

Nice write up. I cant wait to get in there!
Troli

The image I promised is for the last room in the Hall of Mirrors. :P
I may post a writeup of that instance soon

I have updated my first post with some more information that we learned from fighting the final boss last night.

Awesome info troli

When an emergency happens we do not rise to our level of expectation, but fall to our level of training!
Unknown Firefighter.

What ought one say then as each hardship comes? I was practicing for this, I was training for this
Roman Philosopher Epictetus 55-139 AD
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Instance Guides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: