This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Instance Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Windsake

re: Dark Delving Boss Guide

Behold My Furious MS Paint Skillz! RAWR!

First Boss:

Forum Image

Second and Third Boss coming soon!
Windsake

BOSS 2 (some info from http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The_Dark_Delving)

Forum Image

I found this interesting as well.

http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php?p=2935431&postcount=19

Last edited by Windsake on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Windsake

MINE TOO!!

Last edited by Windsake on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Beleronte
Master Guardsman

Master Guardsman

Lol Coug... I haven't seen you this happy in a long time. I'm glad. Nice drawings! And thanks for the tips!
CaptStephen
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

Cool. On the final boss it seems that the mini should fire off the big group heals at the start of the fight while aggro is being established, which isn't what I was doing on our couple tries Tuesday. I'm looking forward to trying the full run through.
Windsake

2nd boss added.

Id like to get in there and finish off the last boss. I'm sure everyone wanting to help me draw my final picture :P

Ill look for you guys tonight to see if the interest is there.

-Coug (Wind)
Beleronte
Master Guardsman

Master Guardsman

U know I'm up for it. However, Tonight may not be a good day. Time is on me for the translation and i have to hurry up and reduce my game time this week. And yesterday i was unable to log back in due to server unstability, typical after a patch. They will fix it around the 25th, so these days may be unstable days. I suggest a DD run after the hotfix so we dont have D/C issues.
Lachsul

For the last boss if you use last stand and in harms way that can help for the first 10 seconds, then pop fellows heart, once your have the off tank holding aggro, don't kill the mobs, just dps the boss, and avoid his reflection buff.

You don't fix faith, it fixes you. -Book-
Calatia

Cool. Your drawings of the boss makes me want to man up and kill em, kill em all.

Calatia wrote:
Cool. Your drawings of the boss makes me want to man up and kill em, kill em all.

What drawing? that was a screenshot!!! jk
Indruiel

This is pre-book 8, so I don't know if they've actually changed Gurvrand or not (wasn't in the update notes), but I found this pretty good-quality video of a group taking him on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_3vqItmvoQ

3 hunters, champ tanking (by the looks of it), a captain, and a RK healer.

[The Earth incapacitated you.]
"It took an entire planet to take you down!" - Daevin
Chamille

re: Tips for DD

So I thought I would post stuff I've experienced and read about after alot of hours and research into DD...so here goes

1. screams come approx 8 mins apart up to the final boss. They are then 1min 40 secs apart.
2. It's important to not get caught in the dark before the final boss or the 1st debuff (scream) on the final boss will start where you left off even though it has been cleard. ie you get caught once leading before the boss then the first scream will be 40% and longer duration than 20%. What this means is they'll be stacking from the get go. If you don't get the debuff before the final boss the first scream will be 20% and will go away before the 2nd scream. Then you'll have 20% on the 2nd scream and they will stack from then on. I saw this happen on a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqbk4yE28rg
Dieing is supposed to clear the debuffs and start them over at 20% so if you get one before the final boss it's best to jump off the cliff to reset the debuff before starting the final boss. Some have also said if you die and don't wait for the dread to go away when the 1st scream comes you'll be at 100%.
3. It's best to activate all bosses right after a scream has happened.
4. Hard mode = can't use light stones on final boss. You can on first boss.
5. First boss can be mezz'd. Comes in handy if tank gets knocked off and boss goes after him which will make him reset...Mezz him while worms are killed and tank is back up top.
6 Boss 2 world eaters and overseers can be mezz'd...good to have at least a burg or LM for him.
7. Final boss - positioning see video (I like this approach).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqbk4yE28rg
Have read where interrupts activate his big aoe's (don't know about truth). Knockback is a frontal area of effect. You can just run thru him to avoid it or back up from it. All dps on boss must stop when bleeding ears debuff is up (lasts 'bout 30secs I think), else you get 70% shadow dmg reflect. This is supposed to be preceeded by a huge group aoe hit. Kill the adds when this debuff is up. You should ideally kill gurvand between the 3rd and 4th scream. At the beginning get rid of the 4 adds asap then have 2 ppl on the 3 adds (preferably at least 1 ranged) and others on boss. When add closest to you spawns 2 take him down then back on boss. Adds spawn approx 1 min after it is killed so if you can stagger kill them it's best. If you need to use capt IHW LS or minny's FH or burg's FM do so but try to save for later. Burgs and LMs need to keep debuffs on him at all times.
8. Whatever you can do to get shadow mit do it. Even the 3 piece set that gives shadow mit is better than rad gear.
9. The adds will put poison on you so bring lots of poision pots and try to interrupt the adds if possible to avoid the poison.
10. I've tried to do group makeups that consisted of burg/LM, guard, minny, capt, 2 ranged.
11. Fighting in the dark slows induction skills down considerably so it's very hard on the healer. Everyone needs to use self heals as much as possible.
12. There is a big debate on whether to interrupt or not...just have to play around with that.
13. There is also a debate that 'cry' based skills trigger his attack called Shut Your Mouth. Need to experiment there too.

If i think of more and I'm sure to be missing something I'll add later. I am also willing to lead in there as I've led several pugs and always make it to the final boss.

-Cham
Windsake

I ran with Cham in one of his pugs. If we can get to the last boss with little trouble in a pug... just think what we can do in a full Kin run ready to go .... LETS GET OUR HATZ! RAWR!

-Wind
ShadowSynia

im in

Indruiel

We got Gurvrand down to TEN THOUSAND HEALTH today. Definitely doable with the right group makeup and some really stellar players.

[The Earth incapacitated you.]
"It took an entire planet to take you down!" - Daevin
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Instance Guides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: