This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwo109
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

re: Anvil Post-Mortem 08/18/19

First, congratulations to all involved for fielding a full-kin Anvil raid attempt (at 10pm sunday night, of all times)!

Also, I echo the sentiments of others in that this seemed like an workable group configuration and really only requires some further fine-tuning of our strategy before we emerge victorious. To that end, and to build off of what Resolina was sharing in kin-chat after the raid, I invite each of you to look over the following guide in hopes we can all see what was done well and also where we can make some small changes:

Raid Guide: The Anvil of Winterstith – Boss 1 - Dadi's LOTRO Guides

One of the primary points taken from the above is to reconsider our formation during the boss fight. I gather that having the DPS/ranged/healer group with their backs close to the ice wall will help to mitigate the inevitable punt and scatter made by the boss' belly flop yet still be far enough away from the point of impact as to not oneshot (most) anyone. 

Another critical point seems to be keeping the adds away from the boss so that she doesn't get the Strength of the Horde buff, which in turn will help the main tank survive. Furthermore, it will prevent the -50% frost mitigation debuff from harming the main tank. I know it says in the guide that the boss only gets the buff on T2, however I personally noticed two tiers of Strength of the Horde on the boss last night when two frost drakes were very close. Something I'm not clear on, however, is whether to burn down the adds with the ranged DPS group, or rather see if they can be kited by a guard and a personal healer while everyone stays on the boss.

Lastly, and something we didn't get to practice last night, will be watching out for the purple eye and having that player make a large circle around the main tank.

Please share any other insights as well that you have found!

cwo109
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

re: Anvil Post-Mortem 08/18/19

Here's a video I found of Tier 1 first boss. You can hear their Vent chatting too, which is helpful for knowing what they are doing. They take several runs to get it, but the successful run starts at 1:18:51

The Anvil of Winterstith | Tier 1 | Boss 1 (PSA: slight "language" at one point)

Something else I noticed from the combat analysis plugin in the video, the boss does about half frost (tactical) damage and half common (physical) damage, so that's interesting...

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: