This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Resolina
Sergeant of the Guard

Sergeant of the Guard

re: Ill Omens Event

February 7th starts a new event "Ill Omens" which sounds a lot like Bounder's Bounty event long time ago.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?671006-Ill-Omens-skirmish-event thread has some additional information but some important facets are:

• February 7th - March 11th (33 days)
  • Daily Skirmish Assault (4 or 5 Skirmishes total)
  • Currency Reward for Equipment/Cosmetics
  • Deeds/Titles (Some requiring Cap Level or T3)
  • 12 Daily Quests Completed Rewards Cap-Level Item
  • Any Group Size/Tier Counts
  • Within 5 levels of your current level

I love the fact that they tweaked the cap-level item from 30 dailies down to 12. Still, doing 5 skirmishes each day is going to be brutal. I'd like to hear people's opinions on grouping up for the event.

Elaelin

This sounds fun.

Resolina
Sergeant of the Guard

Sergeant of the Guard

re: Bugs

In its current state, the event isn't as grand as I hoped. You need 40 tokens for each item and there are only 5 items: a sienna goat, fiery yellow beetle, corrupted craban, cloak of shadows, hooded cloak of shadows. The cosmetic pets aren't really different from some pets that are already obtainable and the cloak doesn't appear to have any sort of special design/effect. 

It appears that the deed for killing 60 harbringers is only counting at level 120 at the moment. Trying to kill one away from its initial spot via kiting tactics will negate the kill count. Killing a harbringer that spawns after the skirmish has "completed" does not count either. And in the dry run I had yesterday, you must kill one your current level (though there are ones that say going above your level as well). 

A lot of people are saying that certain harbringers are actually impossible to defeat at level cap while ones at lower levels are actually quite easy to bring down. And the skirmish assault seems to complete when you do 3 out of the 4 listed. 

Hopefully the developers will try to get their act in order because the event sounds like an ultimate fail in my eyes. 

Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

Well, I liked it so fare and have found all the harbingers to be pretty easy at cap.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: