This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

re: SLOTRO - on-level gaming

Hi,

Bizinga had a good idea to start a thread here to plan doing SLOTRO in the kinship.

SLOTRO would mean we level to an agreed point, say level 36 (maybe tortoise/freeze progression) and then run the difficult and group content together on a weekend.

Times - to be determined, but realizing we are a world-wide kin, I THINK that would mean weekend 'afternoons' server time. We'll see by whose interested the day/time we group up for barrows, agamaur, fornost, etc. (of course, Moria Mondays, but that could be 3am for some).

So, what are your thoughts, what times would work for you?

Thanks,

Oz

Bizinga

I would love to do content at level. I was thinking of starting a Guardian. I could have him leveled to 20 to 25 in a week or so.

Pluschbar
Esquire

Esquire

Bizinga wrote:

I would love to do content at level. I was thinking of starting a Guardian. I could have him leveled to 20 to 25 in a week or so.

I am thinking of doing a burg, I will start him today some time

Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

re: More stop points

Hello, I'm joining as a Rune-keeper. I was thinking of maybe stopping at:

Lv20 - Great Barrows / Inn of the Forsaken

Lv25 - Fornost

Lv32 - Garth Agarwen

Lv40 - Annuminas / Hall of Nights

Lv40 to Lv50 - level up together and do Angmar

Lv50 - Angmar / Helegrod / Tham Mirdain

Lv50 onwards - stop at previous level caps (50, 60, 65, 75, etc.)

In between while leveling up, we can decide within our small group if we want to meet up some time to do landscape fellowship quests, like Nan Wathren, Dol Dinen, North Trollshaws, etc. (which is really only relevant until Lv50 since after that, there aren't that many fellowship landscape areas) That was the way I envisioned it.

But if this play style is too restrictive and too slow, I am always open for more swift leveling and fewer stop points. I am thinking more on the lines of people with alts, so that their mains or anyone else they are active playing will not be restricted to only levelling up with everyone else, which is why I'm making more stop points, so you don't have to spend too much time leveling up your SLOTRO alt.

Goldorff

RetiredFRB
Master Guardsman

Master Guardsman

I'm interested too.  I've been doing this on Crick, we stayed at each lvl range (ie 21 -- 35 and so on) for maybe a couple months.  Been there 8 or 9 months and we are in Moria (lvl 55 to 58).  We didn't use LI's before entering Moria, yep, LVL 50 Rift with non LI., we could get them, just not use til finished with lvl 50 content.  oh well................

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Looks like we've got a few pros on doing this - Goldorff, thanks, those stops look right to me. And from Smelly(?) RetiredFR8's experience, looks like we'd immerse at each of these levels for a bit to take advantage of all the contents. This could be solo, groups, however. I like the idea, myself, of running the Angmar landscape. There are places that solo just doesn't cut it.

For those of you like Smelly who've done this before, what are the activities you do as a group at these level stops, and what seems good to do individually? Is the stop, for example, to allow all to catch up and lock in the next level, or do planned events drive it more?  

Oh, and there's an opportunity here to refresh some other shallfade.com contents for instance guides and the like. If we all could spend some time refurbishing that for when we do our content, I think that would be helpful.

DATES/TIMES - others still need to see what we're up to for a couple days, but here's what I might be able to do, constrained to what might be compatible with overseas friends

Highly available - Saturday's 9AM to 3PM server

Available - Sunday 2PM to 5PM server.

Running 1 LM, #2 Beorn, #3 Warden

We'll need to attempt balancing dps, heals and tanking.

We do have times we can run landscape and other things during the week, but probably want to do the main thing during the weekend. At least one strong advocate is EU, making much after 6PM server impossible (well, unwise) during the week.

Thanks,

Oz

Last edited by Ozif on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

Ozif wrote:

Highly available - Saturday's 9AM to 3PM server

Available - Sunday 2PM to 5PM server

I'm available anytime on Saturday, on Sunday from 2PM to 4PM server.

RetiredFRB
Master Guardsman

Master Guardsman

Ok, very long post, these are the notes / guides I followed in Casual Wanderers on Crickhollow (the Kin is open to folks from all servers that want to do this style leveling). Several of us worked on skill deeds at the Moors training dummies and yes, we roamed around a bit.  I don't know for sure but think some of these folks are raiders as they worked to have very good / best gear at each level.

(I believe the follow was created by Arnenna)

start to lvl 20 or 22

Current Progression

The current level stop point is officially level 20, however, a few members wish to level to level 22, so they can more easily craft gear. This is fine, as there will likely be enough players reaching 22, to form 22 groups stand-alone, and if not, we can adjust group content to suit mixed groups. Whichever level you decide upon, you must stop leveling at that point, and not go over level 22. A stone of the Tortoise is available in store to prevent leveling. Either purchase and use one or avoid XP via content at that point.

This level stop is set until the End of April <2017> at least, and it has a few goals for players to strive toward.

Core Goals (Please prioritize these goals)
1. Do all the Epic as far as level 20. Once a quest shows as level 21, leave it in your quest log for the next level stop (no matter how tempted you may be)
2. Complete all the skill deeds you have in your deed log (under Race and Epic) to your best ability.
3. Maximize your five chosen virtues by completing deeds within the Shire, Bree-land and Ered Luin (and only those three areas).
4. Maximize any racial deeds available to you at this point within the Shire, Bree-land and Ered Luin (and only those three areas).

Fun Goals
1. Dress up your character in pink for a day. When I say pink, I don't mean a shady looking red, I mean PINK! Take screenshots, for later use
2. Do the Bingo Boffin quest line in the Shire, and get yourself a cute bunny for Easter.
3. /wink at every captain that you see.

Freestyle
Complete as much content in the Shire, Bree-land and Ered Luin as you wish. Eg, cover all quests, all deeds, tasks - anything you want, as long as it remains only in those three areas.

===================================================================

lvl 32 and holding

Time to play the hare for a while, with the next level stop set to level 32. Drop your tortoise stance and start motoring.

So without further ado . . . .

April 30th onward (we can add an end date after we see how people are getting on)

The areas we can cover.

Lone Lands and North Downs

You may cover as much of these two areas as you wish, but it is not mandatory to do it all.

Core goals

Update your class skills as and when you get new ones open up within the new level range.
Continue to grind your chosen virtues within the two zones.
Continue with the Epic story as far as it goes within level 20 – 30 (it will not surpass level 30 within these two regions). You can do the Weathertop instance solo if you want to, as there is always an opportunity to revisit it with a group to help others, or just for fun.
Continue with your crafting. At this level stop with its areas, you should become a member of the guild and start working through guild reputation, if you haven't already started it.

Fun Goals

Find something spiky looking to wear for a day.
Jump off Weathertop if you don’t mind chancing death.
Carry onward with Bingo Boffin within the Lone Lands, and earn yourself a Sleek Fox.
Scold (/scold) your fellow wanderers at any opportunity, let’s all get “Naughty”.

Freestyle

Cover as much content you wish within the two areas. Deeds, quests, tasks, everything you wish to do, just stay away from level 33 J
Those of you that wish to venture into higher zones for crafting mats may do so, at your own peril, but again, this is not mandatory.

Group Content for this stop

Garth Agarwen is the main instance cluster for this level stop, and covers Arboretum, Fortress and Barrows.
Weathertop Fellowship instance.
Stand at Amon Sul skirmish.
Siege of Gondamon skirmish.
Thievery and Mischief skirmish.
Storm on Methedras skirmish.
Attack at Dawn skirmish.

Fornost instance cluster is optional for those that wish to do it, though this is available at later levels so isn’t mandatory. There are four instances: Water, Earth, Fire and Shadow, which can be done on t1 or t2.
<!--[endif]-->

The Forsaken Inn instance is also optional for those that wish to do it. It can be scaled so can be done at any time.

You can start forming groups to run this content as soon as you are ready to take it on.

Still a little behind? Don't worry about it. The group content from our previous level 20 stop is scalable, so we can run it again within this level stop, or future level stops, to cover it for those that haven't managed it yet. No pressure is the name of the game guys, so just keeping it real :)

====================================================================

lvl 40 and holding

From June 1st, the new level cap is level 40.

Areas include Trollshaws and Evendim.

Core goals

Upgrade your class skills as far as you can within the level range.
Update your chosen virtues as far as you can within Trollshaws and Evendim.
Complete the Epic quest line within Trollshaws to level 40.
Continue your crafting and guild crafting.

Fun Goals

Continue your adventure with Bingo Boffin through to *Notes by the Author (Hall of Fire Rivendell), and earn yourself a Brown Squirrel.
Find Glimmertail, Mangetail, Steelmaw or Windscreamer and steal their adamant shards.
Cop a squat on the highest monument you can get to in Evendim, and take a screenshot.

Freestyle

Use Trollshaws and Evendim to complete as many quests, deeds and tasks that you wish.

Group Content for this level range

Revisits of all scaled content covered so far at your leisure.
Tome of Elendil (This is a challenging run on level, but a lot of fun. So try and make it for this if you can).
Ost Elendil
Glinghant
Haudh Valandil
The Ford of Bruinen
The Icy Crevasse

===================================================================

lvl 50 and holding

That time is here again guys. From Friday 7th July, its onward to the next stop, which is Level 50.

New Areas
Misty Mountains, Forochel, Angmar and Eregion.

You may do the Walls of Moria and part of Moria if you wish, but please take note***

Any gear that you earn in Moria, including legendary weapons will not be allowed to be used in the level 50 group content. Hold onto your pre-Moria gear.

All of this content was originally designed pre-Moria, before legendary/Moria gear.

Core Goals

Epic Book VI: The fires of the North
Epic Book VII: The hidden hope
Epic Book VIII: The scourge of the North
Epic Book IX: The shores of Evendim
Epic Book X: The city of Kings
Epic Book XI: Prisoner of the free peoples
Epic Book XII: The Ashen wastes
Epic Book XIII: Doom of the last king
Epic Book XIV: The ring forges of Eregion
Epic Book XV: Daughter of strife is optional, as it is level 51

That's a mighty big chunk of content. Congratulations on earning your Grey Steed if you do decide to do the last book.

Continue your class skill points within this level range.
Continue your virtue grind for your five chosen virtues within the four new areas we are covering.
Continue onward with your guild crafting.

Fun Goals (Optional)

/slap a Roving Threat in Angmar.
Leroy through Imlad Balchorth, and video it.
Continue your journey with Bingo Boffin and earn yourself a light brown goat at Gloins camp and an Umber goat at Gwingris.

Freetime (optional content)

Do as much of the content within the four areas as you wish, including all quests, deeds, tasks.

Group content for this level stop

A lot of Angmar quests require grouping. You can progress through the region without grouping and get the quest requirement for the quests in Angmar deed done, however, I highly suggest you buddy up with CW members when they are online and take on the harder stuff around Angmar as a group because it is a lot of fun.

Many of the Epic instance quests on this level stop have a group or solo option. Again, I would recommend you try to group for them. Goblin Town in Misty and Sarnur in Ered Luin (Thorin's Hall rep) are also a lot of fun when run as a group.

Instances/Raids

A Foul Wood (Gwingris, Eregion)
School and Library
Halls of Night
Barad Guluran
Urugarth
Carn Dum
The Rift
Helegrod

Skirmishes

Barrow Downs Survival
Don't be fooled by it only being a single skirmish listed for this stop. Barrow Downs survival is complex and will take a very long time to complete in its entirety (we won't get it at this level stop, it;s a long term project).

Last edited by RetiredFRB on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Finnok
Officer
First Marshal

First Marshal

I like that long post, Smelly!  That looks really fun!

I have a brand new RK that I will be using.  (Or I might delete him and start a Beorning to appease Smelly).

RetiredFRB
Master Guardsman

Master Guardsman

Playing four sub lvl 20 toons (cappy, mini, warden and hunter).  Just not into the warden and mini at this time.  so have spent several hrs, today, on the cappy and hunter.  It would be nice to learn how to play a cappy but I am addicted to the hunter (and warden) run speeds.  Both the cappy and hunter will be locked at lvl 20 soon.

Cambas, cappy, in ASF

Halglina, hunter, in Slackers

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

re: times

We'll need to settle on day/time. If you haven't mailed me (Ozif) or put something in the thread here, please do. 

I also created a separate thread where we can pull a weekly plan together check-in on our progress. This thread can be the general discussions, plus help give us a feel how people are progressing, challenging contents / needing help.

Also, please continue to link in resources for the content we could do on the SLOTRO - on level gaming thread, including walk-through's and even basics on group runs. We'll have a variety of experiences. Refreshing other links on shallfade.com is certainly fair game.

http://www.shallfade.com//forums/viewtopic.php?p=39588644&gid=17132#39588644

Last edited by Ozif on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

What do you think of scheduling a couple of segments? One could be off-the-cuff, smaller groups running various things together and the other a main event. 

For example, we might all be ready to run The Great Barrow (the second segment), but before that there are a couple of boss-mobs in the North Downs that smaller groups of 2-3 could take down.

There may be weeks where we're not quite ready for a main event, and doing more "first segment" stuff would make better sense.

Of course, there's also the off-line/solo stuff you'll need to do anyway and could plan to do independently or bring a fellow kinnie with you.

For some of you that have done this before, what's been your experience?

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

A very rough list of who's interested. I scooped the list to this location (please help me update it): http://www.shallfade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11725059&gid=17132

Bizinga

Lynx

Plushbar as Bodhma

Goldorff

Finde - there to help

Laerzan (Finn)

Sigmun

Doriella (El)

Rinri

Cambes

Ossemedhor - Lore Master, or Ostorm - Beorning (Oz)

Last edited by Ozif on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Finnok
Officer
First Marshal

First Marshal

My toon will be Jowkli, my new dwarf RK.

I'm surprised you mentioned bosses in the North Downs, as I figured we'd only be going as far as Ered Luin, The Shire, and Bree-land for now.

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Finnok wrote:

I'm surprised you mentioned bosses in the North Downs, as I figured we'd only be going as far as Ered Luin, The Shire, and Bree-land for now.

I think your right - the example was meant to show the various things we could do, and that we could disperse some times, maybe free-for-all related to SLOTRO, and if there was a main event, we'd hold to a strict start time, everyone jumping in. 

So (and don't hold me strictly to this, we'll need people's availability, and we'll lay-out the plan together during the week)

Saturday (server time)

9:30am - slayer, epic-with-friends, 3-person skirms, BB/solo-duo

10:45 - form group / raid

11:00 - 12-man / everyone

After-SLOTRO - individual initiative

So, some time for smaller stuff, and when everyone's ready, something big.

How's that sound? 

Oh, and could we tonight (Wed/6-Dec)  talk about details in Vent in-between running around Mordor?

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: