This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snarkqueen
Master-at-Arms

Master-at-Arms

re: Extra Life 2019... and how you can help!

Hi guys. I'm at it again, and this time I'm going to keep it short and sweet.

For those who don't know what Extra Life is: It is gamers playing games to raise money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Every participant chooses the hospital they wish to play for, and then gets to create their own personalized donation page. They then pester everyone they've ever known to donate money on that page and it goes directly to their chosen hospital to help the sick kids, fund childhood illness research, and provide comfort to families while their children are being treated. If you'd like to donate on my page, you can find it here: snarkqueen's Extra Life page

That said...

(1) I'm still looking for team members this year! The team theme is D&D. We need more people before we can have any fun with it. But everyone will get to make a bare-bones D&D character to use as their mascot for the year. If you're interested in raising money for your local hospital -- comment here or catch me in-game and I'll e-mail you an invitation to join!

(2) I need some help coming up with this year's incentives (those things I promised to do for every $100 I raised). If you have any ideas, please comment!

(3) I have started a new thing to help the cultivation of my blog as well as reward my Extra Life donors: a Patreon page! Tiers range from $1 to $25. The money is to fund giveaways, community incentive rewards, and general improvements for the blog. The tiers give direct access to -- and a special role in -- my Discord server. Higher tiers get to directly aid in blog content, as well as earn early access to topics and have first dibs on giveaways.

If there's enough interest/enthusiasm from ASF, I'll be sure to come up with a special fundraising goal/reward like I did last year. I'm sure I can probably swing some LOTRO points again, or perhaps something better!

Thanks to everyone who's been so supportive of my efforts. I will try to keep my fundraising spam to a minimum! (And if I don't, officers please remind me to shush!)

--Birle

Elaelin

You are doing this for a great reason.  I will help however I can.  I don't think we need rewards for donating but maybe you can donate a specific amount based on how much we donate?

snarkqueen
Master-at-Arms

Master-at-Arms

Elaelin wrote:

...maybe you can donate a specific amount based on how much we donate?

I don't quite follow what you mean here. Can you phrase it with an example?

Elaelin

Example:  for every 100 dollars donated, you will donate 1 dollar.

snarkqueen
Master-at-Arms

Master-at-Arms

Elaelin wrote:

Example:  for every 100 dollars donated, you will donate 1 dollar.

I actually already do that... just not with concrete/promised/advertised numbers. I can't promise anything like that because I have various financial limitations. Last year I donated $123 to Extra Life -- some on my own page, and some to a few other participants who were supportive of me.

snarkqueen
Master-at-Arms

Master-at-Arms

I've updated the tiers and goals today. Would appreciate feedback on them.

I'd also appreciate a few $1 patrons. 

Elaelin

Post your link or send it to me and I will send it out in a kin email if you wish :)

snarkqueen
Master-at-Arms

Master-at-Arms

Patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/snarkqueen

T
he Patreon is for people who would like to be supporting patrons of the Gamer Reverie blog, as well as to help fund community incentives, reward team members, and provide random gifts to fellow gamers in the name of charity and fun. Feel free to embellish the message however you wish. Look at the patreon page and say what you feel like saying! Currently the only REAL incentive I have for people to become patrons is that there is a patron-only post of 19 upcoming blog posts. Patrons also get a special role in my Discord server. Yay?

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: