This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

re: Re: SLOTRO - on-level gaming

Ozif wrote:

Saturday (server time)

9:30am - slayer, epic-with-friends, 3-person skirms, BB/solo-duo

10:45 - form group / raid

11:00 - 12-man / everyone

After-SLOTRO - individual initiative

So, some time for smaller stuff, and when everyone's ready, something big.

How's that sound? 

The plan sounds good for our first week. At 11:00, we'll be doing a skraid? Or alternatively, do we split our raid group into 2 and do Great Barrows each? A ~Lv20 skraid sounds fun though, I'm up for any of them. And I need to get to Lv20 soon before Saturday. I'm still Lv16 but I don't have much time to play on weekdays.

By the way, Oz, regarding my availability on Sunday, I am free the whole time. Do you mind changing that in the other thread?

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Goldorff wrote:

...we'll be doing a skraid? Or alternatively, do we split our raid group into 2 and do Great Barrows each?

I think a skraid is a good addition. I'm getting feedback from others that while people are trying to get to lvl20, they may not yet be prepared to do barrows, for example and think focusing on the intro areas for elves, hobbits and men is something to work on together first. I'll get your time corrected in the table. Thanks!

Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

Ozif wrote:

I'm getting feedback from others that while people are trying to get to lvl20, they may not yet be prepared to do barrows, for example and think focusing on the intro areas for elves, hobbits and men is something to work on together first.

I see, that's what you mean with the 12-man. I had thought you mean doing a raid instance or skirmish raid. I don't know how difficult or easy skraids are at Lv20, but I don't really want to risk people dying below Lv20 or they won't get the Undying title.

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Goldorff wrote:
Ozif wrote:

I'm getting feedback from others that while people are trying to get to lvl20, they may not yet be prepared to do barrows, for example and think focusing on the intro areas for elves, hobbits and men is something to work on together first.

I see, that's what you mean with the 12-man. I had thought you mean doing a raid instance or skirmish raid. I don't know how difficult or easy skraids are at Lv20, but I don't really want to risk people dying below Lv20 or they won't get the Undying title.

That's true. Would be a bit tough to slug it out and fail that. 

Finnok
Officer
First Marshal

First Marshal

re: SLOTRO - on-level gaming

Skraids don't sound all that interesting to me.  What's interesting to me is doing the NON-scaling instances on level.  Barrow Downs would still be fun though, even though it's scalable, because there are on-level quests in there.

I'll run whatever, but would rather run skraids with my main toons.

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

What's interesting to me is doing the NON-scaling instances on level. 

Hi Finn = what comes to mind for the non-scalables? Yeah, I could google, but I want to drop into the game (it's nearly 9pm server as I type - peak ASF time! :P)

Finnok
Officer
First Marshal

First Marshal

Go to the Instance Finder, and everything that's listed under "Non-Scaling Instances"!  LOL!

Non-Scaling

Lvl 30 - GA instances

Lvl 40 - Tomb of Elendil

Lvl 45 - Goblin Town Throne Room

Lvl 50 - BG, Urugarth, Carn Dum, The Rift, those instances (not found in the instance finder) from GF in Angmar, Bogbereth, Ferndúr

Lvl 50-60 - Mines of Moria and Scourge of Khazad-dum instances

Lvl 65 - Bounty quests from Esteldin

etc.

Scaling

Lvl 20 - Barrow Downs - for on-level questing

Lvl 30 - Fornost - for on-level questing

Lvl 50 - Halls of Night and Helegrod - for on-level questing

Lvl 65 - In Their Absence quest line

etc.

I mention these scaling instances only because there are on-level quests that go with them.  If we're running them just to run them or for deeds, I'd rather run them with my regular toons.

Last edited by Finnok on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Finnok wrote:

Go to the Instance Finder, and everything that's listed under "Non-Scaling Instances"!  LOL!

You know of my terrible reputation of needing to stop and read everything. I HAD to get in the game. You'd have left me behind to do the Mordor dailies had I delayed by reading all about it ;)

Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

RetiredFRB wrote:

Once a quest shows as level 21, leave it in your quest log for the next level stop

Cover as much content you wish within the two areas. Deeds, quests, tasks, everything you wish to do, just stay away from level 33 J
it on.

Epic Book XV: Daughter of strife is optional, as it is level 51

Quoting Retired's SLOTRO plan in Casual Wanderers, I think it's best that we don't follow this guideline too strictly. I do think we should leave out, for example, Lv21 quests in the Lone Lands when we're still capped at Lv20. However, there are actually certain quests in Bree-land or in the Great Barrows that are actually at Lv21, or even Lv23. Another example I can think of is the Lv35 Garth Agarwen quest, even though the instance is Lv32.

I'm mentioning this because I think we should be allowed to do these quests which pertain to the regions we're doing, since it wouldn't make sense to do these after we have moved on to the Lone Lands or North Downs, but we are only allowed to do these quests at max. Lv20 until the level cap increases. In other words, either we (up to personal choice):

1) do the Lv21 to Lv23 Bree-land quests strictly at Lv20 (before the increase in level cap), or

2) leave them until the level cap increases to do them on-level.

And, making the last chapter of the Epic Book Volume 1 optional because it's Lv51 just... doesn't sit right with me. We should do them before we move on to Moria. 

Is everyone agreeable with this?

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Goldorff wrote:
RetiredFRB wrote:

Once a quest shows as level 21, leave it in your quest log for the next level stop

Cover as much content you wish within the two areas. Deeds, quests, tasks, everything you wish to do, just stay away from level 33 J
it on.

Epic Book XV: Daughter of strife is optional, as it is level 51

Quoting Retired's SLOTRO plan in Casual Wanderers, I think it's best that we don't follow this guideline too strictly. I do think we should leave out, for example, Lv21 quests in the Lone Lands when we're still capped at Lv20. However, there are actually certain quests in Bree-land or in the Great Barrows that are actually at Lv21, or even Lv23. Another example I can think of is the Lv35 Garth Agarwen quest, even though the instance is Lv32.

I'm mentioning this because I think we should be allowed to do these quests which pertain to the regions we're doing, since it wouldn't make sense to do these after we have moved on to the Lone Lands or North Downs, but we are only allowed to do these quests at max. Lv20 until the level cap increases. In other words, either we (up to personal choice):

1) do the Lv21 to Lv23 Bree-land quests strictly at Lv20 (before the increase in level cap), or

2) leave them until the level cap increases to do them on-level.

And, making the last chapter of the Epic Book Volume 1 optional because it's Lv51 just... doesn't sit right with me. We should do them before we move on to Moria. 

Is everyone agreeable with this?

Hi Goldorff - hopefully the run today met your expectations and holding at level 20 aligns with your suggestions above - taking option 1. Thanks- Oz!

Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

re: Great run today!

Thanks Oz, the run today was awesome! I've had a lot of fun healing the raid group, while you guys were pulling all the wights and spirits in Haudh Iarchith lol. The Flight of the Lonely Mountains raid was a little hard. Not sure if it's because of scaling issues, or my gear was just bad. I'll also try to get geared up (thanks Bizinga for offering to craft some gear for me) and boost my virtues as well in between. I may have to alter my trait tree a little to fit a raid group.

Unfortunately I can't make it next week. I'm going out for a trip with my friends (which was decided some time ago). Sorry about that. After next week, I'll be there every Saturday.

Does any of you have any plans for next week? Maybe Great Barrows (since we're all pretty much at Lv20)? Or someone mentioned doing another Erebor raid (Bells of Dale)? If it's possible, I'll try to match what you guys do with a PUG (or maybe with some of you on Sunday if you're online), until we meet again two weeks later.

Goldorff

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

re: Re: Great run today!

Goldorff wrote:

Thanks Oz, the run today was awesome! I've had a lot of fun healing the raid group, while you guys were pulling all the wights and spirits in Haudh Iarchith lol. The Flight of the Lonely Mountains raid was a little hard. Not sure if it's because of scaling issues, or my gear was just bad. I'll also try to get geared up (thanks Bizinga for offering to craft some gear for me) and boost my virtues as well in between. I may have to alter my trait tree a little to fit a raid group.

Unfortunately I can't make it next week. I'm going out for a trip with my friends (which was decided some time ago). Sorry about that. After next week, I'll be there every Saturday.

Does any of you have any plans for next week? Maybe Great Barrows (since we're all pretty much at Lv20)? Or someone mentioned doing another Erebor raid (Bells of Dale)? If it's possible, I'll try to match what you guys do with a PUG (or maybe with some of you on Sunday if you're online), until we meet again two weeks later.

Goldorff

It was great fun for me as well. AND running 1/2 raid was a pleasant surprise. 

I have to say I like my RK heals over Mini. Seems smoother to me to have put heal-over-time on people... buff them up and onto the next one, letting the HOT work for you.

We're all a bit under-traited and really, all are learning how to run at low-level (again). I really hope our skirm/instance experts can give us the tips to get past some of the big challenges (or we do some homework). There's usually some mechanic that we don't remember that pounds us to dust. We'll do what we can to give advanced warning so we can prepare.

Glad you kept track of the discussion about what we might run. I'll copy over the suggestions to our planning page. 

Finally, just enjoy your vacation :)  We'll keep tabs in the discussion about what we do. It will help a lot of us if we do this reglarly.

Thanks for opening up our "SLOTRO Saturday"!

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

If you have or need "stuff" for SLOTRO

-> 1 Cliff Road, Norhador, Belfalas Homesteads (cheapest house in the neighborhood)

-> 6 Roaring Road, Skoldrof, Thorin's Hall Homesteads (it snows on my house in a CAVE!) 

I'm hoping this works. The kin chest is just absolutely full. I'm clearing my personal storage as much as possible so we can put things there the SLOTRO runners might need - food, jewelry, armor... you name it. We'll want to keep it on-level because the storage is limited.

And, begging your pardon, I'm not exactly the housing type. After putting up a deluxe, personal kinship and now this... well, it's pretty bare. Of course feel free to toss stuff on the walls, etc. if you'd like something homier. I'll keep at it. 

thanks,

Oz

P.S. - okay, there's stuff out there, including the odd hunter books, lore-master books, burglar caltrops, food and more. Let me know how this works. I debated on using the kin chest, but wondered how off-kin people would work out. So, I'm sticking with the above. Of course you can email stuff to me to put there and on Saturday, I'll camp out for a bit to hand out stuff.

We like stuff.

Goldorff
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

Ozif wrote:

9:30 AM Server - Wake up & Read the Spreadsheet (group up, hang out, tie up some loose ends... a kinmate)

What does spreadsheet mean? Where can I find it?

Ozif
Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Goldorff wrote:
Ozif wrote:

9:30 AM Server - Wake up & Read the Spreadsheet (group up, hang out, tie up some loose ends... a kinmate)

What does spreadsheet mean? Where can I find it?

I messaged Everen (Saelios) about the location. The spreadsheet has a list of deeds and other things that you can track for your character. When we get together on Saturdays, it'll make it easier for you to see what you need to do and we can then figure out what's good to tackle as a group.

(update): Ah, I found it! http://www.shallfade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8589598&gid=17132

Nope, that's broken!

Second attempt: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e7w1bihokl99fjh/AAC3Km_M_S8SOIw7hEGECuVYa?dl=0

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Raids/Quests/Skirmishes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: