This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Classes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taisie
Taisie
Officer
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

re: Champion Guide

Does anyone know where I can get a good champion guide for my husband to read? I can't really help him with the class as I don't really know it.

Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

re: Champion guide

I can't seem to find one that's current. Anyway, I simply rolled one (my second character) and started killing things :P.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

groucho42

I had a general guide to all before they changed to trait trees and before they redid the lotro web site, but the later issue lost it.

I'd say for a new toon: red line while leveling. Get it higher and only later work on yellow. Blue would be last if you have three lines open. Might and vitality are the obvious to build.

To be honest, Cuis was one of the easiest toons to level. Hunter and Champ blow things away so quickly and champ's better armor makes it that much more fun.

The main trick is to alternate focus (or whatever it's called for champs) skills and focus using ones, as the later don't open up until focus is high enough. I tend to order my skill bar by focus so I can see 'em open up in order.

Power will be an issue, but second wind can help. A recent change to it (release 13?) changed it from a tiny power dribble you had to regularly select to one that gives more power the more focus you have when using it. However, while solo'ing there shouldn't be long enough fights for it to matter.

Bahtring Rahm, guard

Balagan, burglar

Cuisanart, champion

JeffreyT Spalding, captain

QuincyAdams Wagstaff, LM

Rapakivi, Rune-Keeper

RufusT Firefly, Warden

Whyanochickens, hunter frozen at 65
rolandarcturus
High Warden

High Warden
Awarded:

Good points, definitely.

Honestly, though, yellow line can be great for soloing too. It all depends where you do your soloing. Red line is certainly the go to for most landscape quests, but I personally tend to force larger fights where possible and just fight them less often. Champs are also insanely good at grinding skirmishes, so I tend to get quite a few levels that way.

Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

ok, my husband and I will be grouping with you guys soon (we just need to start doing the quests in barrow downs) and then you can give him tips.

My two cents, yellow line with a bit of red (Crit Chance Increase and Battle Reflexes) and 2 points for Second Wind. In yellow line I have everything maxed except 0/5 in Might, and I'm 3/4 in Ardent Rage. I also have 69 points as well, so I can do that. I also did not bring my champion through the levels with this system, so I'm not sure how it is for lower level champs.

As for how to play yellow line, I map swift blade 1, Wild Attack 2, Blade Wall 3, Rend 4, and then my AOE's C1-C6.

I also have a Blue/Red line for PVP and Chanking/Solo Target. I haven't finished mapping it out since we moved to level 100, and I don't have my Rune/Sword built for it yet. However, I mostly trait blue just to get Riposte, and then fill a bunch of Red in.

I'd be happy to talk with your husband on how I play my champ whenever we are both on.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Classes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: