This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Vacations/Breaks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forestthegreat

re: A Long, Permanent, Break

Hi there ASF Members,

I have been away for over a year now, I believe. It's been ok actually. I've had a leisurely year, took a camping vacation, worked in landscaping, cleaned my car out...

So not that much has happened actually. Still living at home, going to university again in the fall (and geez do I feel old as **** to still be doing that. I turned 23 on April 3rd).

I don't think I will be playing LotRO again any time soon. The time I do spend unwinding in the digital realm is usually spent in Defense of the Ancients 2 (Dota 2), a strategic MOBA (based on WoW unfortunately). Still, the gameplay is challenging and evolving and, although the playerbase is absolutely awful, I enjoy the game now and then. I discovered Steam a while back and have been enjoying some titles through that rather than playing with any of you. Still, might drop in if I really get the itch, although I'd be completely worthless in game.

Anyway, just thought I'd drop off an attempt at a nostalgic remembrance.

I see that Trin traveled to England again this last winter. Does that mean that Whisk is still around in-game? Either way, I had an enjoyable time in the past with you all, and hope life is satisfying and varied.

Farewell, and so forth.

P.S.

I haven't checked out Helm's Deep at all, so I hope that was enjoyable. Apparently my guardian class got revamped rather heavily again, oh well.

P.P.S.

I post quite often on hobbitmovieforum.com, so you can find me there for discussions about almost anything. (The people there are crabby and vitriolic against Peter Jackson and his Hobbit malformations (in their eyes), but anyway. 

Elaelin

We have missed ya and it is great to hear you are having fun and doing well :)  Keep in touch with us and enjoy!

Golbo
Golbo
First Marshal

First Marshal
Awarded:

Keep in touch, Gurth!

Forestthegreat

Awww, it's been quite a while since anyone called me Gurth. Nearly made me tear up a little bit thinking about it. :P

(I took my champion's name, Perception, for my steam handle and that's what people call me generally online).

I had a great vacation this last month! I visited my parents in Minnesota (I live in California) and helped out on several work projects.

Anyway, things are going well. I'm going to the county fair tomorrow; should be fun.

It doesn't look as though there's any challenging new 6-mans or 3-mans to run, so I'm honestly not all that tempted to try playing again. Still, enjoy yourselves everyone. And enjoy Gondor! I remember wondering several years ago about how bloody long it was going to take to get to Gondor and we've finally done it!

Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

Well it's good to hear from you Perception! I do miss our late night runs.

Hey Perception, funny you should mention me, I've just returned after more than a year away, though on a more casual basis than before.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Vacations/Breaks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: