This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Class and Skill Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Merowin
Third Marshal

Third Marshal

Awarded:

re: Warden Basics - With a Focus on Tanking

The best way to pick up resistance is through virtues. If you already have enough physical and tactical mitigation it makes perfect sense to pick resistance virtues, but my gear isn't good enough, so I still need mitigations from my virtues.
Merowin
Third Marshal

Third Marshal

Awarded:

The last update introduced new Great River (level 75) true relics Have a look at the True Rune of the First Battle: +10% Partial Evade and Parry Mitigation, +606 Parry, +606 Evade.
the_phoenix

aah, somehow I always scroll down to the newest ones, never looked at GR, I will surely give a look, thanks.
Amalthalion
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

On your primary stats .. how do you balance them?

I have just got my warden to 85 (and got the Hytbold Armor, 4 Shield and 2 Fist).

I am currently sitting on
Vitality 1600
Agility 1200
Fate 450

I still have a number of Jewelry pieces to finish making (I am a jeweler but running into cool downs).

Now on my hunter I have the following rations for Agility/Vitality/Fate 2200/900/700 ... should I be aiming for something similar for my warden (swapping Agility and Vitality) or do I need my Vitality and Agility a bit closer together on the warden.

I am using my Virtues to balance my other defenses, though the new Wildermore Jewelry also has some good defensive options.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Merowin
Third Marshal

Third Marshal

Awarded:

The short answer is you don't balance your primary stats. Vitality, Agility and Fate mean nothing. You want to balance your morale, physical and tacitcal mitigations, and block, parry and evade.

You should not view vitality as vitality, view it as morale and tactical mitigation.

You should not view agility as agility, view it as evade and parry.

You should not view fate as fate, view it as in-combat power regeneration.

Then decide if X % parry is better than Y % tactical mitigation or Z % morale. When you do that, you will find that straight up block, parry or evade typically beats agility or might.
Amalthalion
Man-at-Arms

Man-at-Arms

OK, I will start working on that ... spreadsheet here I come (I have one for my Hunter so I can just adjust the calculations and build one for my Warden).

Cheers.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Class and Skill Guides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: