This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Classes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csteelatgburg
Guardsman

Guardsman

re: Starting an RK

I decided to start a Rune Keeper last night. I've been getting a little bored with my main (Elsteelborn) and have lost interest in my other characters for various reasons. So, until the next expansion comes out I decided I would try something new. I checked the Class Guides forum and it looks like there are a couple of relevant posts that I'll check out later. Does anyone else have advice on how to move forward? I'm most interested in which virtues I should focus on advancing, since that's always something I've struggled with on my characters. I like the flexibility the RK offers but I'd like to proceed with a build that will be traited more towards healing.

Thanks.
Rainbowdoddle
First Officer
High Warden

High Warden

re: Starting an Rk

Just some personal views on early RK usage.

While not really on the topic of virtues etc I think you will find that you will be impressed with the DPS output of your RK early on. I found that I was out-DPSing my hunter at an equivalent level, the trade off is that you are still a "squishy", so constantly update your armour as soon as possible and try and get full critted sets of armour. Until you really start grouping you will not do major healing during battles early on so you will be a DPS machine that can self heal. Due to your squishiness early on again you will need to use gear/jewellery/stones/virtues that will assist your morale so you can take some hits in battle while shovelling the DPS. Will and Fate are also very important so you have enough power to do the DPS.

Enjoy the new class, if you like the major damage output of the hunter, starting from range for battles you will be more than happy with what your RK can do, especially when fully attuned, whether that be to the red (damage) or green (healing), and when you get steady hands skill you can instantly swap from one side to the other, you can be DPSing to the max and suddenly your healer dies, use steady hands and you have major healing output for the group to get you through to the end of the battle, claim victory and while you are rezzing the mini, talk some trash about whose the better healer, were they just grabbing coffee at the time, or were they just away the day their class was taught to heal.

All the best,
Rainbow

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: