This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dallont
First Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant
Awarded:

re: Raids and Newer Instances

I was thinking about this after the nicely run and well execute Draigoch Raid last night.

Would a brief report on these raids be worth done, sort of a success/failure any additional notes of things to do not do etc.

If we are going to be having more groups running this might help avoid found problems and improve successes. I, for example, didn't manage to get on the Fire and Frost run, but I'd still like to know how it went and maybe get a few hints on things not to do.

I know you can see who signed up but that's not quite the same a who was actually there the group make up etc and how it went.

If this was all in a section of its' own it could prove a good source of information and a record of what we are doing/have done. Anyway just a thought.

Last edited by Dallont on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Merowin
Third Marshal

Third Marshal

Awarded:

That's not a bad idea, although the tenths time we down Draigoch, it could become a little repetitive. We could either have the raid leader write a short post after the raid, or a scribe could be appointed at the beginning of the raid and be responsible for recording for posterity the deeds of valour, daring and bravery displayed before him. The numbers of deaths, wipes and the repair bills would also be interesting numbers :-)

Specifically for the Tower of Orthac: Fire and Frost raid: We completed the raid, not without dying a few times, but considering most people were in there for the first time, I felt it went very well. The crow controllers were flawless, and we learned a lot about how to tank the trash. In the future I know I have to pay more attention to the coordination of the initial phase where the tanks and the crowd controllers run in and start the fight. We wiped once on the boss, but then we had the corruptions and grims under control and the 2nd try was smooth as could be.
Dallont
First Officer
Lieutenant

Lieutenant
Awarded:

re: re: Raids and Newer Instances

That's the sort of thing I meant and I agree after several goes at doing it successfully it's probably not worth continuing, but while it's still in the early stages of being done I thought/hoped it may be useful for people to known of any particular things to be wary of etc
Marithil
Master Elder
Captain-General

Captain-General
Awarded:

When ever the kin has beaten a particular boss or raid I have usually posted a congratulatory message, but that is the extent of it. When we have had particular problems with bosses or raids I post strats made by others or made by myself pertaining to the run. Those include specific problems the kin has had and how to address the problems. Draigoch didn't really require me to post an official strat guide because we didn't struggle making progress on each of our runs.

Now, if there are enough people who would like me (or other raid leaders) to post comments and notes about raids then I am sure we can accommodate that request. However, many of us have posted important data and strats online before and ,without fail, people still don't read it. We still have people who are flabbergasted that x happened and why I wasn't told to have y. I have no problem reminding people about what the specifics of the raid are before we start. Going through the effort to make an After Action Report would be worth it if we had enough people here that would read it, use it, and come better prepared for the next run.

All in all, a good idea, as long as we have the support of our members and the knowledge that they are using it to better prepare themselves.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: