This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Instance Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Aryanne

re: Dark Delving Boss Guide

We so could have gotten him the second time. Troli's feeling better now btw! Happy
Troli

Yes, no more blinding headache to get in the way. We'll get it done next time!

As per requests, I will start to try leading forays into Dark Delvings on a semi-regular basis. Two runs have been posted for this week already on Thursday and Saturday evening, as well as a late-night Friday run an hour and a half after the Turtle.

Bumping this up because it's a decent visual guide for DD. Also, the walkthrough on Lotro-Wiki gives a decent overview of how the fights will go: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The_Dark_Delving

Lotrolife has a guide to Gurvand (the last boss) as well: http://www.lotrolife.com/gurvand_hard_mode_walkthrough/
^But we've never had the issue of needing to let the tank die. We will see though.

Let's get in there again and do this! :D

[The Earth incapacitated you.]
"It took an entire planet to take you down!" - Daevin
Galdhelm

Has not been a post in this guide in a while and not sure if anyone is attempting this instance anymore. But, we made a crack at it today. Classes present were 1 guard, 1 LM, 1 Mins, 2 hunters and 1 Cappy. First boss went down ok, had a few resets from being knocked off but went smoothly considering. The second boss however is a different story all together. We wiped once cause not everyone was ready and I was tabbed out looking for a guide and pointers to the boss. Wiped a second time starting at one of the lights, and eventually lost all the lights on first add spawn or around there after the starting adds... is loosing all the lights typical or were we doing something wrong? Third try we started from the entrance and ran to first light on the right after encounter was started. We blasted through the adds with the two hunters and whacked at the boss till third set of adds and light went out. Leaving two lights on to go to. Blasted that add down and got boss to 40kish health and lost all the lights again with another add spawn to boot, resulting in a third wipe. We didnt have a champ so no clobber just guards kick. Which the boss seemed to resist that skill some of the time he got two of his aoe's off and one of his heals. Not sure we had a lack of dps, hunters were in strength stance for the adds and endurance for the boss. Minus not having the champ the group set up was pretty good, just who do you loose for the champ? If i had to take a guess i would toss one of the hunters. Every other glass there had a job to do but the champ could do the hunters and interrupt the boss's inductions. Probably restating a few things other guides covered but good to get a discussion on this instance going so we can get a kin group through this and start getting head gear. Also my main questions are, is there always atleast one light on or will he turn all off no matter what? And what class out of the group we had do u give up for the champs intterupt if at all? That being said feed back is appreciated and lets get this instance figured out so we can get some head gear!

A warden is a great addition in the group for the 2nd boss fight. If they can keep focus on interupts and corruption removal, you will be doing very well.

The all lights out bug is very annoying and someone has pointed out at one time that the way to avoid it is by not going to any of the light spots in the room before you start the boss.

Overall the 2nd boss is very tricky and sometimes you can get a very unfortunate sequence of adds. Keeping the boss from doing any special attacks or heals is one of the biggest keys to the fight.

Master Guardsman

We did DD last night, but it was not a successful run. Group setup was Guard, Champ, 2 hunters, Burg, RK healer. We did not down the first boss but I'd like to point out something that i read in a guide and I had the chance to confirm: You can't allow yourself to get the wind debuff at all. If you get it once, you'll get 40% incoming damage from all sources for 1 minute. You would say "I'ts ok, it'll wear off soon". Yes it will, but next time you get it, it will be 60% incoming damage for 2 minutes. And next time, 80% for 3 min, and 100% for 4 min.... So do not allow yourself to get it. Wait for Gurvand to scream and Stay in the light when it happens!. You will get a white text warning, you go to the light and stay there until you see a second white text that tells you about the dark wind. Only then you are safe to step out of the light until the next scream happens, around 8 minutes.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Away Shall Fade Forum Index -> Instance Guides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: